PDA

View Full Version : . . .and she thinks I'm crazy

Ron Nelson
05-14-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, so the wife just announced to me that she is going to try one of these new "miracle diets" this week. It's the one where you fast for three days straight, drinking nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Our neighbor has done this "cleansing" ritual a couple of times with moderate success and another neighbor did it and claims to have lost 15 pounds.

This is the same wife who thinks I'm off my nut for doing IF, even though I now do much shorter fasts on the weekend to accommodate my family's schedule.

I'll have to see what I can find on the internets about this cleansing shit (pun most certainly intended) and post it here. Input welcome.

Dave Van Skike
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
OK, so the wife just announced to me that she is going to try one of these new "miracle diets" this week. It's the one where you fast for three days straight, drinking nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Our neighbor has done this "cleansing" ritual a couple of times with moderate success and another neighbor did it and claims to have lost 15 pounds.

This is the same wife who thinks I'm off my nut for doing IF, even though I now do much shorter fasts on the weekend to accommodate my family's schedule.

I'll have to see what I can find on the internets about this cleansing shit (pun most certainly intended) and post it here. Input welcome.

I did one of those... sort of. ….Went to the Columbian Ecuadorian border, swam with crocs and pythons, drank Shaman potion, got amoebic dysentery,……almost died but I did lose 15 pounds in about a week......felt pretty unclean if you ask me.

Yael Grauer
05-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Ron, I believe it's called the Master Cleanser. That should help you with your research.

Robert Allison
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Although it has been around for years, the popularity of the Master Cleanser seems to be somewhat cyclical, like the 7 year locusts. Recently, it starting getting a lot of attention again after it was endorsed by Beyonce Knowles on Oprah.

She said it helped her lose weight for one of her movies (or something to that effect). Of course, after that, it started getting played up in the tabloids, etc.

Mike ODonnell
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
most people can't do that for a day in a half.....let alone 3 days....she will have absolutely no energy....

Nothing that is a quick fix is ever going to be the best thing.....especially if a fat talk show host or celebrity with no knowledge of anything but how to act tells you how great it is.....

Yael Grauer
05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
especially if a fat talk show host or celebrity with no knowledge of anything but how to act tells you how great it is.....

Oprah can act? That's news to me...

Mike ODonnell
05-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Oprah can act? That's news to me...

That was a referral towards Beyonce.....or did I miss the sarcastic joke on that one? Ah well......Speaking of Oprah....how does her trainer who can't keep her skinny still have any street cred as a celebrity trainer?? Then again...how does Dr Phil have any cred.....maybe in Hollywood...the more cred you tell people you have...the more they will believe you....since most talk show attendees want to be told what to think....or probably resemble this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pbz29K_o_XI

Ron Nelson
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Ron, I believe it's called the Master Cleanser. That should help you with your research.

Yikes. I really like that name. On the docks I was a Master Baitor.
Turned out, so was everyone else.

MOD,
My bet is she lasts maybe 15 hours post wake-up. Then, she runs screaming to the fridge for dinner. Like I said, she's not sold on the IF and feels she can do this.

I really think the neighbor was lying out her ass when she bragged of a 15lb weight loss. She's no Beyonce. . .more Oprah.

Yael Grauer
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Tmi, Tmi...

Allen Yeh
05-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Do it with her, that way you can convert her to your ways eventually.

Neal Winkler
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Your neighbor lost 15 pounds in 3 days? Dubious...

Ron Nelson
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Exactly. I think she was holding her baby when she first weighed in.

Ron Nelson
05-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Do it with her, that way you can convert her to your ways eventually.

The baiting or the fasting? I don't think I could stomach the lemon juice/syrup/pepper crap.

Mike ODonnell
05-15-2007, 09:39 AM

Is that before or after the autopsy??

Ron Nelson
05-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, don't get me started on the "neighbor." She's a piece of work.

Found this about the Master Cleanser (after reading a couple of blogs about it, maybe it should be the Master Blaster).

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/02/master.cleanse.ap/index.html

Howard Stern's sidekick Robin Quivers told People magazine that she went from 218 to 145 pounds on the cleanse. She said the diet also helped ease joint pain and fatigue.

Yeah, must have been the "cleanse" that eased the joint pain. Couldn't be the fact that she shed almost 70 lbs.

Yael Grauer
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM
"the whole detoxification aspect seemed very New Age-pet rock"

That's hilarious!

Ron Nelson
05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Clarification of neighbor's weight loss:

She did 5 days on/5 days off/5 days on. That's 10 days without food interspersed with 5 days of eating (including the slow ramp up using juice and soup).

She also did the stuff with the laxative tea, saline wash, and used real maple syrup.

Call me crazy, but any plan that causes you to pass nothing but mucus ain't right.

Mike ODonnell
05-18-2007, 07:15 AM
she may not listen to any of us or you....but maybe the fact that it's in the mainstream media makes it more *cough* credible....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/

Or just go remind her that all these so called smart people doing this...end up gaining MORE weight back soon enough...nothing like a nice muscle breaking down and thyroid crashing event to help pack on the pounds again!