PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit Swimming WOD

Craig Cooper
05-17-2007, 06:35 PM
How cool was that?!

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_PullThrusterSwim.wmv

Allen Yeh
05-18-2007, 05:08 AM
That is pretty cool, how did they set all that up? That seems super intensive in getting all that stuff setup for that many people and by the pool...etc?

Cool workout though, now in my mental dream gym I need a pool a few yards away from everything else.

Mike ODonnell
05-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Reality is a pool with 1000 kids running around screaming and peeing in it.....not a gym located next to it....cool yes, reality no......that and there are no guys in flippers saving people, just the bored teenager with the whistle hitting on the other teenagers....

Pierre Auge
05-18-2007, 06:24 AM
MOD will you take the stick out of your ass, just because someone has the resources to do it and you don't does not mean you have to resent it. It was cool no ifs ands or buts. And its realistic for them because the Teams have the resources, they ought to have them too!

Not realistic for you but realistic for them. I used to do swimming wods with kettlebells and smaller equipment on a regular basis back in the PPCLI I had some of the resources. It was realistic then, it will be realistic again some day.

Head in Ass - time to come up for air

Revel in the idea of the possibility don't succumb to your angst as a result of you not having something. Your negativity serves you nothing but more negativity.

Mike ODonnell
05-18-2007, 06:59 AM
MOD will you take the stick out of your ass, just because someone has the resources to do it and you don't does not mean you have to resent it. It was cool no ifs ands or buts. And its realistic for them because the Teams have the resources, they ought to have them too!

Not realistic for you but realistic for them. I used to do swimming wods with kettlebells and smaller equipment on a regular basis back in the PPCLI I had some of the resources. It was realistic then, it will be realistic again some day.

Head in Ass - time to come up for air

Revel in the idea of the possibility don't succumb to your angst as a result of you not having something. Your negativity serves you nothing but more negativity.

someone needs a little more sleep as I was being sarcastic....Wow....pissed about Ottawa losing?? Or is it the natural defense against anything that has CF in it anymore around here? Again....sarcasm....as there are no negative feelings here...just having a good laugh about my neighborhood pool....shesssshhhh

Now if it's something based on a more personal issue with me, feel free to send me an email and keep it out of the public forum....we can discuss all my attitudes and general philosophy in more detail if you like...as I do love a good razing back in forth with you about stuff....but do not appreciate a public personal character attack based on you reading something the wrong way...Sorry I had to even write this down....now on with my day.

Craig Cooper
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Drama!

Sheesh, I didn't expect this thread to get this kind of response. Play nice please, we're all friends here.:D

Robb Wolf
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Pretty cool. If you look through the OLD archives there were frequent WOD's with swimming included. People complained that they did not have a pool and the swimming WOD's disappeared. I guess removing swimming WOD's is more compelling than splitting the site into an area for political comment and an area devoted to fitness (another frequent request).

Pierre- If MOD wants to pee in the pool, just let him. I like my pools a little on the dingy side.

Mike ODonnell
05-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Robb your pool is safe....I'll have you know my uniform DOES say colonel....wait no...apparently my official title in these parts is the "Disseminator of Irish Confetti"...hence I think why we drained the pool on the ELO saucer.....nothing good was going to come of that....that and all the gardeners and fag bangles running around...

Dave Van Skike
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Hmmmm. lot's of set up on the downside....

Increased chance of drowning on the upside.....

Looks kind of neat. If you had access to a pool, oly bumpers and navy rescue swimmers...I'd be totally down.

I have seen KB stuff combined with swimming somewhere.. slightly more portable with super ultra exfoliating potenail for your palms. Doing sumpin like this at a lake would be kind of neat too as once in a blue moon thing.

Pierre Auge
05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Nah sorry MOD, I should refrain from posting so early. I just jumped the gun on that one. No issues with ya! Peace dude...

Robb stop being the voice of reason a@@hole!

Robb Wolf
05-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I think DB's would make that much less of a scene. The poor forgotten rubber hex DB...

Pierre-
It is frightening I frequent a place I might actually play a role as "voice of reason".

Mike ODonnell
05-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Nah sorry MOD, I should refrain from posting so early. I just jumped the gun on that one.

I'm just pissed about the bullet hole in my favorite shirt.....shessshhhh.....now I need to go back to Old Navy....oh wait, no I forgot about that restraining order.....

Personally I like the plastic dumbbells with no sand for pool workouts....alot easier....that and a raft with at least 2 cup holders.....I heard Ron has one with 7......