PDA

View Full Version : Candian Military?

Derek Simonds
05-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Let me lead off by saying just having fun here :D Now inquiring minds want to know Pierre was that you getting out first?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2230783231808606823

Pierre Auge
05-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Ummmmm theirs not a single Canadian in that video! Those are Aussie Marines (maybe brits) - they are carrying SA80's and wearing Aussie uniforms . Canadians don't use those types of boats for amphib landings either. We use Zodiaks, much smaller silhouette.

Canadian's carry C7 Automatic Assault Rifles - enhanced versions of the Colt M16. In fact so much better that Colt bought Diemaco the Canadian company who patended all of the enhancements so that they wouldn't have to keep buying the parts to upgrade the Colt rifles. Diemaco is now known as Colt Canada.

http://lh3.google.com/image/capitalcrossfit/RaFLIbJERGI/AAAAAAAAAAY/hCwakiqh2y4/helo7.JPG?imgmax=512

Now those are real Canadian soldiers doing an amphib insertion. No its not me it is some close friends of mine though.

Mike ODonnell
05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
speaking of Canadian military....I heard they disbanned the Navy....something about it was too cruel on the horses who couldn't swim...

Pierre Auge
05-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Canada's Navy has some of the fastest most advanced Frigates in the world. They are currently in command of nato and american naval forces in the gulf and granted while our submarines are crap, we have some pretty good sailors. Even though sailors are a weird bunch.

Derek Simonds
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Well now that I know it wasn't the Canucks you have to admit that was some pretty funny stuff.

Great picture from the Helo, thanks for posting. When I graduated high school I thought about being a rescue swimmer for the CG but decided against it.

James Evans
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
They're Brits. And that's embarrassing.

Pierre Auge
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
James thanks for the correction - figured, and yes very embarrassing.

Ron Nelson
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Canada's Navy has some of the fastest most advanced Frigates in the world. They are currently in command of nato and american naval forces in the gulf and granted while our submarines are crap, we have some pretty good sailors. Even though sailors are a weird bunch.

MOD was only joking. No need to use foul language.

(I kid)

Joe Hart
06-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I saw some of the Canadian Frigates. A nice sea foam green. It WAS a good looking ship. I was envious of the big ass beards and mustaches. Now the loose cannons of the sea are the Aussies. The mixed crew runs around in wife beaters and shorts while underway. They also fire up thier steam destroyers in 5 hours. That is cold iron to one long blast. It took us 5 DAYS to light off properly on Kittyhawk (CV63). I liked sailing with them in the battle group though.