PDA

View Full Version : This Really Works!

THOMAS RICHARDS
05-23-2007, 03:41 AM
After weeks of mulling over what to do to lose weight I jumped in on the IF/PALEO band wagon starting weight of 242 don't know my body fat % probably 25-30% but in less than 2 weeks combined with 3-4 days of crossfitnc I have lost 14lbs as of this morning. I am very pleased with my results so far no loss of energy, have experienced that light headed feeling,
feeding window is mainly 6am to 12pm with a work out at 6:00 pm break the fast @ 6:00 am, not really following on the weekends. I have cheated a little at times but have not really felt the effects like I have before except from eating a piece of birthday cake last really alot of sugar in it, but didn't want to piss my girlfriend off!! Thanks for all the info guys this forum rocks!

Pierre Auge
05-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Good work Thomas!

Keep it up, thats all there is too it.

Allen Yeh
05-23-2007, 04:09 AM
That's great!

Mike ODonnell
05-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Nice!!

Robb Wolf
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Thomas-
That kicks ass!!! Keep us posted on how things progress.

Scott Kustes
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Nice work Thomas. Don't worry about cheating a little. We all do it sometimes. Sometimes it is better to maintain household civility than to be too dogmatic. Other times, stick to your guns.

Allen Yeh
05-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Nice work Thomas. Don't worry about cheating a little. We all do it sometimes. Sometimes it is better to maintain household civility than to be too dogmatic. Other times, stick to your guns.

Exactly! Pick your battles wisely at home....this basically applies to everything.

Mike ODonnell
05-24-2007, 08:53 AM
the beauty of IF and paleo....when you cheat...you probably just end up filling up glycogen and feeling better...also that boost to your metabolism through increased calories helps you to burn more calories during times of less calories....in a sense your body adapts and you get results...

Ron Nelson
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Ditto to MOD. Here I was all ready to brag about my monumental loss of 9 pounds after about 5 weeks of IF and I get blown out of the water.
In all fairness, I started at 225-226, 6'3", and about 18-20% BF.

I love this approach because of the flexibility and the freedom it represents. I haven't been exactly paleo, but I haven't gone off the deep end either (I'm holding out on that eating an entire pizza thing, Alan). Plus I can drink beer and not feel guilty (not that it ever happened in the first place).

Good work and keep it up.

Allen Yeh
05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Plus I can drink beer and not feel guilty (not that it ever happened in the first place).

It's a good thing Ron added that last bit...

Ron Nelson
05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I even broke my fast early today and had a huge turkey sandwich with provolone and a piece of chocolate cake for lunch.

Still don't feel guilty.

Guinness tonight. Ooohwee.

THOMAS RICHARDS
06-01-2007, 03:49 AM
3 weeks in continue to shrink, belly and love handles are leaving town, down to 224 from 242, worried about how fast it is coming off. Know I have alot to lose! Still able to do the wod, times are getting better somewhat strength is still on par with a 405lb deadlift yesterday! Thanks again!

Robb Wolf
06-03-2007, 07:38 AM
3 weeks in continue to shrink, belly and love handles are leaving town, down to 224 from 242, worried about how fast it is coming off. Know I have alot to lose! Still able to do the wod, times are getting better somewhat strength is still on par with a 405lb deadlift yesterday! Thanks again!

Thomas-
I don't think there is anything to worry about. Hard work and smart nutrition just work very very quickly!

Bobby Spencer
06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Great job, Thomas. Now get ready for all of those people accusing you of being on something (Perhaps, one of the greatest compliments.) These days, hard work, proper nutrition, and smart training that yields results seems to be a foreign concept to some people.

Dan Silver
06-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Attention everyone: Ron wrote an article about his diet for my website.

(When next we see Ron, he is sharing a Bloomin’ Onion with a bunch of administrative assistants at TGI Fridays.)

-D.

THOMAS RICHARDS
06-04-2007, 03:52 AM
thanks, I slacked off over the weekend and I ate, drank basically what I wanted to helping a friend move, the scale says I put back on about three pounds. The scale doesn't lie so I will tighten the routine back up again this week.

Allen Yeh
06-04-2007, 04:53 AM
thanks, I slacked off over the weekend and I ate, drank basically what I wanted to helping a friend move, the scale says I put back on about three pounds. The scale doesn't lie so I will tighten the routine back up again this week.

It's not 3 pounds of bodyfat, the most likely scenario is water retention. You'll find once you get back on IF you shed the weight in a snap. I do typically "gain" 3-5 pounds a weekend when I get off IF but I know it's not bodyfat gain due to the simple fact that I know I don't shed 3-5 pounds after 1 day of eating clean.

Robb Wolf
06-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Attention everyone: Ron wrote an article about his diet for my website.

(When next we see Ron, he is sharing a Bloomin’ Onion with a bunch of administrative assistants at TGI Fridays.)

-D.

Dan-
If Nicki and I head down this weekend is there a couch available for us to surf on?

Ron Nelson
06-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Dan-
If Nicki and I head down this weekend is there a couch available for us to surf on?

Don't know how your weekend in SF went, but if you landed at Casa de Silver, you likely stayed in the "Troll Den." It's quaint, in a festering sore kind of way.

Note of clarification: Blooming Onions are found at Outback Steakhouse. At TGI Friday's, I prefer the jalapeno poppers.

Dan Silver
06-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Robb,

The Troll Den awaits whenever you like. And, as it's a sound studio, you can rock your ass off while there.

Carpe De Facemelting Guitarlead.

-D.

Robb Wolf
06-07-2007, 09:45 AM
cool. I'll feed Nicki some frijoles before we go...music of a alternate sort.