PDA

View Full Version : Question for Robb

Stuart Mather
05-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Robb, a while ago you mentioned a paper by Seyfried you had read recently which investigated the neurodegenerative downside of the mitochondrial uncoupling which allows some people to be 'naturally thin' despite calorific excess.

I suggested this possibility (ie. as you termed it: naturally thin folks aren't getting a free ride) in a discussion on another low carb forum, and I've basically been asked to put up or shut up ;) . You wouldn't be able to link to the study would you ?

Also, is the 'futile cycling' Mike Eades talks about as a way of mitochondria using up excess calories without storing, metabolizing, or excreting them the same as 'mitochondrial protein uncoupling' ?

Stuart.

Robb Wolf
05-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Stuart!
I'm working on a book and am BURIED in papers and references...I will dig it up but it may take me a day or two.

In the mean time pleas medline search for dr. Seyfrieds papers...many are available free in PDF form...you may track it down first!

Stuart Mather
05-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey Stuart!
I'm working on a book and am BURIED in papers and references...I will dig it up but it may take me a day or two.

In the mean time pleas medline search for dr. Seyfrieds papers...many are available free in PDF form...you may track it down first!

Thanks Robb. I did google Seyfried, but he's so prolifically published I had no idea where to start. I'll try the medline approach.... (trying to sound confident that I have a clue how to :) )

Stuart.

Robb Wolf
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey Amigo!
I've been digging through my papers and still have not found it...at any one time I am bouncing between ~45 papers at the moment and I just cant figure out what paper that reference came from...I will track it down eventually.

Pierre Auge
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Way to go Robb! What use are you?

:)

Book EH? Hmmmmmm fascinating - keep that up!

Greg Battaglia
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Robb-
If you don't mind me asking, what might the topic of that book be? Anything related to PM/CF stuff?

Neal Winkler
05-31-2007, 05:30 PM
I think it's about how to pick up chicks. These internet gurus will put out anything nowadays...