PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Band Damage

bill brasky
05-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Does anyone, who is married, take off their wedding band during lifting? I've been married for about a month and my ring is looking like it has been 5 years.

Any other suggestions to prevent further damage?

I've just gotta believe Dan John has an answer to this.

Scott Kustes
05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I don't wear mine to workout either.

Robb Wolf
05-29-2007, 07:17 AM
that's a tough one. We have 1-2 wedding sets forgotten at the gym each week...I have though about ransoming them back to the owners but threat of death has prevented that action.

Dont loose the ring!

Jeff Northrop
05-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I lifted once with my wedding band on. Scratched the crap out of my ring and it was also uncomfortable. Now I always take it off and throw it on my watch band, my wife only minds if I forget to put the ring back on after I leave the gym (which only happened once).

I do the exact same thing. The knurling on the bars at my gym are pretty aggressive. If I kept my ring on, it would be completely chewed away by now.

A couple of times I've left my watch at home and just left the ring in a locker with everything else, but that makes me a bit nervous.

Ron Nelson
05-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I take mine off and hide it in the car. If I forget, I simply put it in my pocket during the workout. If you're worried about it falling out, I suggest pockets with zippers.

Derek Simonds
05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
The shorts I wear to workout have a drawstring waist and I tie it to the shorts, if I am wearing board shorts I will tie into one of my shoestrings.

Can't forget to put it back on if it is part of the the required actions to get undressed.

Billy_Brummel
05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I take mine off and string it on my shoelaces. Then I double knot.

Allen Yeh
05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
The shorts I wear to workout have a drawstring waist and I tie it to the shorts, if I am wearing board shorts I will tie into one of my shoestrings.

Can't forget to put it back on if it is part of the the required actions to get undressed.

This method has also worked for me in the past when I've forgotten my watch.

Pierre Auge
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
What we did at CCF was to install a valuables shelf in plain view inside the gym.

One shelf for watches
One for wallets
One for weding bands

we have only had someone forget their bands once then we installed the shelves and it didn't happen after that. It worked well! Unfortunately we don't have a gym at this point so now people are on their own.

Joe Hart
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I take mine off. I had the diamond in mine fall out (never found it). Luckily it was really small and my wife is SUPER understanding. I workout at home so loosing it is not really a problem anymore. It did casue a big callus where the ring is when I did leave it on.

Chris Forbis
05-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Of course you take it off. How else do you pick up cardio bunnies?

Jamila Bey
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I take mine off and leave it in my jewelry box at home.

This after I lost the stone in my engagement ring and bent it into an undescribable shape. (Found the ruby- I won't own any diamonds.) Then, I'd been using a carabiner to clip to my nalgene waterbottle and put my rings thru, but my wedding band got bent due to stuff I threw in my gym bag.

So now, hubby understands that I'm single when I go to football or to the gym. But I remarry him every night after I shower.

I think he enjoys that.

Pierre Auge
05-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Jamila,
for some reason all of your posts revolve around sex, I'm seeing a trend! hehehe

Steve Shafley
05-30-2007, 05:21 AM
My wedding band no longer fits. To compensate, I carry barrettes and pony tail bands in my pocket. Women find this irresistable, and never believe me when I rebuff them with the "I'm married" line.

I never wore it anyway, due to working with plastics processing machinery much of the time.

Garrett Smith
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Home gym, ring on the floor next to my tea.

Unfamiliar gym, leave the ring at home.

Hotel gym, leave the ring in the room.

Free ring buff & shine whenever I want it at the place I bought the ring at.

My wife thought that she'd never take it off for working out when we got married. She has since been learned...

Jamila Bey
06-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Jamila,
for some reason all of your posts revolve around sex, I'm seeing a trend! hehehe

You know Pierre, I've been hearing that very line a lot lately...

Football's been very good to me!

Scott Kustes
06-04-2007, 05:54 AM
You know Pierre, I've been hearing that very line a lot lately...

Football's been very good to me!
I'm happy for your husband. :D