PDA

View Full Version : Shake yourself to....death?

Mike ODonnell
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Glad to see the latest "trend" is potentially life threatening.....good stuff...and it will still be promoted by unqualified trainers and resellers....sickening....people put way to much trust into the fitness industry, who's main focus is quick trends and $$...selling something to help out and make money is one thing....causing disillusionment and creating a false need to make money is another...

Power Plate’s vibration levels could cause low back pain, cartilage damage, blurred vision, hearing loss and even brain damage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18923291/

Pierre Auge
05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
BUT MOD

users of the equipment love the sensation and the quick workout. Workout times are reduced by two-thirds, advocates say, a claim that appeals to busy professionals, mothers of young children and just about anyone who shuns exercise.

Funny how shunning execise is made to seem like a natural human thing. Now I'm all for being lazy but something just erks me when I think of just what might be happening to my nervous system while standing on this thing.

I wonder what a good dose of dianabol while using this would accomplish - I'm betting some freakish gellyfish like mutation!

Garrett Smith
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Dose makes the poison...

(that was for you, Brad!)

I think a proper (low-end) amount of vibration training, used in large compound movement training, could be highly beneficial.

And at least it gets the lazy people's lymphatics moving!

Mike ODonnell
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
And at least it gets the lazy people's lymphatics moving!

I guess my attitude is why encourage and reward lazy behavior on any level? I wouldn't....as it never corrects the problem in the first place....and they still will be lazy and probably quit using the vibration machine....

Garrett Smith
05-31-2007, 05:50 AM
It's human (and animal) nature to be as lazy as possible when we don't have the "hunger" to get something done. That's one reason I like IF, it creates "hunger". Nothing in life gets done without motivation, aka hunger for something.

Exercise as we do it today is a conscious decision, and not everyone can see the rewards (ie. delayed gratification). I think programmed exercise (not play) is very unnatural. Personally, I enjoy the accomplishments during exercise, the capacities it provides me, and the way I feel after it. Can I convince others of that? Maybe. I don't want to spend my life doing that. I'll leave it to others to plant the seed, I'm best at helping it to grow.

All that being said, lazy people turning up the vibration plate to max levels and attempting to shake themselves fit is stupid. They will get the rewards of laziness and shortcuts, which aren't positive ones.

Or they'll just have a heavy, short clothes hanger.

Allen Yeh
05-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Or they'll just have a heavy, short clothes hanger.

Or http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/archives/extra-large-toilet-seats.jpg