PDA

View Full Version : Dr Weil's average day

Mike ODonnell
06-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I found this interesting...

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART02829

I like how he starts the day early and slow...gets focused and then moves on to what he needs to do....the opposite of most people's schedule....even if he is a vegetarian, he does alot of work with books, seminars, and so forth and still has plenty of time for hour hikes and starting the day slow....very cool....

Daniel Miller
06-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the link!

I read a few years ago that Dr Weil practices and recommends a 1 day per week 24 hour fast.

Scott Kustes
06-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Cool stuff. The sardine spread sounds tasty.

Garrett Smith
06-04-2007, 06:40 AM
One of the massage therapists who subleases in the same office as I am in actually lives on (what I believe is) Dr. Weil's property. I'm sure I'll meet him sooner or later.

One of the best things about having my own practice is dictating how my day starts. I'm usually up around 5-5:30am, showing up to work around 9:30-9:45am. I like my morning time...

Robb Wolf
06-04-2007, 06:42 AM
I sold Dr. Weil soap once when I worked at Whole Foods, Seattle. Pissed him off with some Paleo Diet questions. Go figure.

Mike ODonnell
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I sold Dr. Weil soap once when I worked at Whole Foods, Seattle. Pissed him off with some Paleo Diet questions. Go figure.

"If he only added meat he may not be a fat vegetarian".....was going through Robb's head....

Yael Grauer
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM

You mean because you asked him why he was fat? Wow, and that pissed him off? Imagine that!

Ken Urakawa
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
No, no. He toldhim he was fat, and then asked why he wasn't paleo...

Yael Grauer
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
No, no. He told him he was fat, and then asked why he wasn't paleo...

Remind me not to invite Robb to any parties. ;)

Dave Van Skike
06-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Remind me not to invite Robb to any parties. ;)

I dunno much about Weil except one thing I saw him blurb about was that a person should go on an eight week news fast.....Was a great idea. I instituted a complete verison right away and haven't watched tv news for more than a minute in about 9 years...

Robb Wolf
06-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I was nice...kinda. Just the usual sch tick...so what's really the foundation of medicine...right bio-science...biology...what's the central tenant of biology? Blank look...why Doc. it's evolution via natural selection...hence we might benefit from a paleo type diet and significant amounts of varied physical activities...things kinda degenerated from there.

I did imply he was a bit "cherubic".

Scotty Hagnas
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I dunno much about Weil except one thing I saw him blurb about was that a person should go on an eight week news fast.....Was a great idea. I instituted a complete verison right away and haven't watched tv news for more than a minute in about 9 years...

An excellent idea, one that I practice full time. Actually, a TV fast - we don't have one.

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

Dave Van Skike
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
An excellent idea, one that I practice full time. Actually, a TV fast - we don't have one.

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

Nice job

I'd get rid of mine but then I'd have to watch the Big Lebowski on my computer. I got rid of cable, so basically it's now a box for watching the Big Lebowski and the Magnificent Seven. I do miss Le Tour and Dakar though.

Ron Nelson
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

I am utterly speechless. Of course I was a TV major in college.

No, seriously. Radio and TV. Double major. Really.

Mike ODonnell
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I need to unplug the cable....keep it for DVDs only....although watching the Stanley Cup in HD is freakin sweeeeeeeet.

Robb Wolf
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Haven't had cable in almost 8 years. Just got a TV and DVD combo as a hand-me-down last year. Prior to that it was the computer as the "home entertainment center".

I still piss away an inordinant amount of time on this thing but TV just creeps in and takes over.

Yael Grauer
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I was going to get cable so I could watch the Ultimate Fighter, but I'd have had to get advanced basic or something. Like $60/mo or something. Not worth it.

Dave Van Skike
06-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I was going to get cable so I could watch the Ultimate Fighter, but I'd have had to get advanced basic or something. Like $60/mo or something. Not worth it.

Weird....Thought you were a fan of MMA, not DraMMA.

Yael Grauer
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Weird....Thought you were a fan of MMA, not DraMMA.

I only saw season 1. I thought it was cool watching the training sessions.

Dave Van Skike
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Hmmm. Well if this isn't going to decend into a lengthy HSBS (that's highschool bullshit) diatribe where someone calls Matt Hughes or Dana White a turd burgler, I'm going back to the other thread......

Allison Barns
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM

I've tried to watch it a couple of times. The training stuff is woefully overrun by the HSBS. If I wanna watch dudes quibble, I'll go back out on a fishing boat...or watch the Deadliest Catch.

Yael Grauer
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I've tried to watch it a couple of times. The training stuff is woefully overrun by the HSBS. If I wanna watch dudes quibble, I'll go back out on a fishing boat...or watch the Deadliest Catch.

Even in season 1? I thought it was good... I dunno. Someone today told me I was aesthetically unrefined so what do I know...

Allison Barns
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Even in season 1? I thought it was good... I dunno. Someone today told me I was aesthetically unrefined so what do I know...

Yael, I've only watched it a bit recently. I have no idea what season it is currently (unless we're talking spring/summer/fall/winter or pollock/cod/rockfish types of seasons).

Yael Grauer
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Yael, I've only watched it a bit recently. I have no idea what season it is currently (unless we're talking spring/summer/fall/winter or pollock/cod/rockfish types of seasons).

I think it's season 5 or something. I watched season 1 on DVD. Coaching by Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell, fighters were Stephan Bonnar, Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin, Sam Hoger, Alex Karalexis, Josh Koscheck, Chris Leben, Josh Rafferty, Diego Sanchez, Christopher Sanford, Alex Schoenauer, Lodune Sincaid, Bobby Southworth, Mike Swick, Jason Thacker. Nate Quarry was on too but mostly just coaching.There WAS a lot of drama and a lot of fluff but there were some good training sessions and some good fights. I thought it was interesting enough to watch all five DVDs and go to work with three hours sleep the next day, so... I dunno...

Scott Kustes
06-06-2007, 05:26 AM
I have cable, but I never watch it. If I didn't have a wife that watched TV, I would ditch the cable and keep it only for the occasional DVD. I find TV to be mind-numbing. I waste my time on the Internet, which is slightly less mind-numbing (except for the Karma thread).

Robert Allison
06-06-2007, 06:33 AM

I catch an episode of Ultimate Fighter now and then... the drama is a bit much, but I honestly don't know if it is any worse now than at the beginning. Still, some of the training stuff is pretty cool and I have seen some really good fights on there. From what I have seen, those guys usually throw down; they are there to fight and they leave it all in the Octagon. Maybe the skill level isn't quite as high as the fights you typically see in a PPV event, but there is something to be said for intensity.

Regarding TV in general, for about 8 years, I had one local channel and a VCR & DVD player. I now share a house with some other folks, so we have cable. I like it primarily because of the Internet connection, but it is convenient to catch the occasional sporting event. Just because it's there doesn't mean I have to watch it.

Mike ODonnell
06-06-2007, 02:29 PM
This thread started on PBS and was changed to Spike TV in one page....