PDA

View Full Version : Frame by frame of Kendrick Farris's 200 Clean (WE cross post)

John Alston
06-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I found this thread http://weightliftingexchange.com/we3526.html and thought the attached document, a powerpoint frame-by-frame of Kendrick Farris's 200kg clean pretty cool. His jerk, in case anyone hasn't seen it, is truly unique but his clean is textbook.
Here's a video of a clean and a jerk:
http://weightliftingexchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=3081&highlight=kendrick

Garrett Smith
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
The "B" push jerk!!!

Never thought I'd see it in an actual comp...there it was, setting a record at that.

Derek Simonds
06-05-2007, 02:11 PM
That slide show is freaking phenomenal!

I never was able to get to the video to load. I really wanted to see his jerk technique. I will keep trying later today from a different computer.

Yuen Sohn
06-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Derek,
It's not the same exact vid (no slow motion in this one), but here's the lifts on YouTube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbvzxlPVDok

That's an awful lot of red on the bar!

Pierre Auge
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Well Garrett I don't think you could actually call it a "B" push jerk , he just lands in an inordinately short split stance. He basically just drops his knees rather than dropping his hips which makes the stance unstable as is obvious by the fact that he misses his jerks as often as he makes them.

Garrett Smith
06-06-2007, 06:50 AM
I'm sticking with the "B" idea, Pierre, mainly because of the turnout of his back foot and the form with which he rises out of it. How he gets there is another issue.

Is it a stable method? Maybe (likely) not so much.

BTW, your post the other day on combining skills/strength/GPP on the same workout was great, I'm figuring out what skills I want to practice so I can undertake that venture. I'll likely make the skills practice (along with some joint mob first) my warmup.

John Alston
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Is it stable? He set an American record with it. I heard he has a knee issue and that's what spawned it.
And I have seen him do a very deep squat jerk in an older video.

Pierre Auge
06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Well he's a strong bastard I'll admit that! I just hope he can sort out his Jerk. John my point is that he would be lifting even more if he was capable of performing some other jerk tech. Whatever his good reasons are which I am sure they are good reasons, I'm just not in a position to speculate.

Garrett I'll let you have your way with this one. :) Yeah I've found that type of mentality in programming has developed some very good habits. Because now my trainees are bringing that home and to other gyms and spending a hour a day getting as much time efficient work crammed in there. Rather than wasting their time fo a couple of hours doing nothing. Or just walking in and out doing a 10 minute WOD.

Garrett Smith
06-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I'll agree with John. It has to be stable in some way, otherwise he wouldn't be lifting so much dang weight!

It may be a very difficult jerk to hit the sweet spot with, thus the general inconsistency in completion...