PDA

View Full Version : Choked Out!

Derek Simonds
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I was rolling with a big dude today and we were having a pretty good scramble. I had just pulled back into full gaurd and was working to grab his lapel. He pulled real hard and got his arm behind my head and locked in an ezekiel choke. I thought I could get him off me but my foot got caught in his Gi as I went to push him off.

Unfortunately that is where things went grey then black. I woke up to my instructor yelling at me to push him off with my legs. I was listening but having a hard time figuring out why I was sleeping in class. I finally snapped out of it and we went again. I was a little wobbly to say the least.

It had to happen some time. ;)

Josh Whiting
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Classic.

Greg Everett
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
that is the most painful choke by far. i've had my crichoid cartilage relocated to the side of my neck for a week with those things. but they work!

Chuck Kechter
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought I could get him off me but my foot got caught in his Gi as I went to push him off.

Just one of the reasons I dislike the gi... ;) :rolleyes:

To quote Adam Singer... "the gi is un-American!" :)

kevin mckay
06-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Ha!

I have been choked out more times than I can remember I like it when you see the cartoon like stuff when you wake up.

Mike ODonnell
06-06-2007, 10:12 PM
honestly never choked out.....knocked out several times by a car, and bodycheck....and blacked out on beer.....never choked however...

Mark Bennett
06-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Ha,

I once got caught in a standing guillotine choke :rolleyes: I tapped and went to walk a way, and proceeded to go to sleep from the feet up:o caused weeks of amusement for my training partners.

Needless to say my guillotine defence has improved since then ;)

Derek Simonds
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
To add insult to injury, I get home last night and my wife says man you did get jacked up. I say what do you mean, she says look at your neck. I have a blood bruise the size of a half dollar right on the side of my neck.

Perfect. Thank God I am a married man and going on vacation with my wife who thankfully doesn't mind the fact I look like I got whacked with a bat on my neck.

Robb Wolf
06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Derek-

That sounds suspiciously like a "hickey"...that could have been some serious 'splain'n.