PDA

View Full Version : Getting on the juice

Ken Urakawa
06-10-2007, 06:54 AM
So I've been thinking about this for awhile now--I mean, who hasn't at one time or other, right? I'm hoping that you folks will be able to steer me in the right direction.

I've heard the claims, "best thing ever", "live longer", "quicker and easier". And I'll admit to the occasional binge already, usually just something that I pick up when I'm not with my family. And it's ok, but maybe I need to commit to it for a while to really see results?

So here it is, I have an opportunity to try it for a month or two, really give it a fair shot, but I want to do it right. Something with a good mix of stuff, but nothing too obnoxious. I could really use advice, or direction to a good resource. Can you guys help me out?

That's right: I've got (access to) a juicer, and I'm going to be drinking my veggies just like Jack Lalanne!! Anybody have any good recipes? (*And Garrett, I don't know if I'm ready for the full-strength stuff right now, more like the bunny slope...)

Scott Kustes
06-10-2007, 10:46 AM
You clever guy you! I was going "He can't be seriously posting this on PM."

kevin mckay
06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I was just reading that celery juice has some strong anti inflammatory properties.

When I did bjj I had a juice master (industrial strength baby!) the thing was awesome I could juice shit like rocks bark and tin cans.

If I had access to a juicer I would juice celery spinach broccoli garlic stuff that has a super low sugar content and would be so nasty to drink it would be hard to overdo!

Mike ODonnell
06-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Whatever you mix up.....add some carrot juice for flavor.....but look out for too much sugar....I tried it for a while....good luck getting it down....some combinations can be....well....yuck.....the healthy stuff is supposed to be the greens...spinach, cucumber, celery....but the best tasting is apple and carrot...but it's loads of sugar...

Garrett Smith
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Ken,
Juicing is way too much of a PIA for me, no crazy recipes from me.

Gerson Therapy used to juice liver though...

Andew Cattermole
06-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Carrot and Ginger are daily standards for me.Wheat grass if you are willing to grow it.
Go any hard vege or greens really.

Michael Miller
06-11-2007, 01:49 AM
1 Handful Spinich
2 Stalks Celery
1 Handful Parsley
1/4-1/2 Beet
2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
1-2 Inch Piece Ginger
1/8-1/4 Tsp Tumeric
Depending on size, sweeten with 1-2 Carrots + 1-2 Apples

Allen Yeh
06-11-2007, 05:05 AM
You clever guy you! I was going "He can't be seriously posting this on PM."

Ditto

Ken Urakawa
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Ken,
Juicing is way too much of a PIA for me, no crazy recipes from me.

Gerson Therapy used to juice liver though...

Wasn't Bruce Lee drinking Liver in a blender or cow's blood in a blender or something like that toward the end of his life?

Yael Grauer
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
My friends who juice swear by odd combinations like spinach and mango with a little honey and bee pollen and a little water. Or blackberries with broccoli and a little carrot juice, or spinach and orange. Spinach and bananas (and strawberries and watercress), broccoli/strawberry/banana, the possibilities are endless.

You could always steal recipes from the side of those Odwalla and Naked juice bottles.

Robb Wolf
06-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Does beer count?

Garrett Smith
06-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Ken,
I last heard it was cow's blood. Too much for me, man. The Masai seem to do pretty well on it, though.

Scott Kustes
06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Does beer count?
How about a Guinness with a shot of Jameson and Baileys? (Irish Car Bomb)....add a carrot and you have a healthful beverage.

Ken Urakawa
06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
How about a Guinness with a shot of Jameson and Baileys? (Irish Car Bomb)....add a carrot and you have a healthful beverage.

Take out the carrot and you're on...

Mike ODonnell
06-14-2007, 09:48 AM

I'm only crying because I am so happy just thinking about it.....of course I agree...take out the carrot....

Paul Kayley
06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Does beer count?

Dude you are really showing your latent celtic tendencies! You would fit in well over here!