PDA

View Full Version : Too many eggs?

Brandon Enos
07-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Any guesses on how many eggs are to many in a week? Does the number differ if your trying lose weight?

Tonight I wanted to take some leftover bbqed carne asada and through it in with some eggs, scramble them and eat it with a nice fruit salad.

Tomorrow I was going to make a shrimp salad with a couple hard-boiled eggs thrown in. Is this to much?

Troy Archie
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
In the past, I've eaten 2 dozen eggs in one week and have lived to tell about it.

Seriously, what's wrong with eggs?

Garrett Smith
07-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Try to get "grassfed" eggs or the high omega-3 ones, then there really shouldn't be an issue.

I used to be part of the Primal Diet group where many people ate close to a dozen A DAY and didn't seem to suffer any ill effects...

Jordan Glasser
07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm at about a 6 a day since march. With the only problem being a stack of empty egg cartons that's almost as tall as I am!

John Vernon
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
been doing 5-6/day for a long time now. haven't gotten around to the omega-3 eggs yet but really want to try them...i feel it's a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" matter of switching though.

kevin mckay
07-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I frequently eat 8 a day. Isn't if fact that dietary cholesterol does not impact blood cholesterol? I thought Cholesterol is all about insulin and refined carbs?
I eat tons of eggs and my cholesterol is low.

Why not eat and many as you want for a month and if you do not die get your cholesterol checked.

kevin mckay
07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
or maybe insulin triggers the storage of dietary cholesterol? Anyway to be safe I would 86 the refined carbs, maybe Rob will comment.

Daniel Myers
07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Personally, I would avoid eating large amounts of any one food every day. Virtue in moderation, and all that. Like Soylent Green, this probably varies from person to person.

Robb Wolf
07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't see a problem with "large" consumption...certianly try to get N-3 eggs...and like Daniel said, try to mix thigns up.

I have to admit I suck at this...eggs virtually every day jsut out of habit and convenience.

Brandon-
Sound slike you were making Machaca! Aie! Mi dio!

Brandon Enos
07-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Not sure what Machaca is, but my carne asada and eggs were good, so was the shrimp salad.

I just wanted to make sure it wasnt going impede my fat loss to much by eating too many eggs. Im down from ~290 (I stepped off the scale before seeing it stop, I was so disgusted) in March to 255 as of this morning following a Fast-5/Paleo diet off and on and very good/intense workouts.

Richard Furr
07-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Dr. Mercola (www.mercola.com) suggests not to eat eggs more then a few days in a row if they are cooked, or otherwise you may develop a slight allergy.

He also says that if you eat raw eggs that you can eat eggs(cooked or raw) as much as you like without developing an allergy.

I have found the first part to be true. I am not brave enough to eat raw eggs yet. I would like to start doing it though.

Chris Forbis
07-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Richard-

This page might be useful.
http://www.13.waisays.com/egg-yolk.htm

Yael Grauer
07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I eat eggs raw, but only if they are from free range, grass-eating chicken. I'll eat regular ol' Omega 3 eggs if they're cooked, but not raw.

Yum.

Jonas Lind
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
"Only stir with a fork gently, because egg protein easily gets damaged on molecular level (see site23), even by mixing / blending"
(from the link)

Did not know that.