PDA

View Full Version : Random Workout Template for CF?

TomFurman
07-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Is there a workout template for CF (if you plan your own workouts relative to your job, sleep, stress, etc. not being optimal), that is available??

I mean, you go from 8 singles of the deadlift, to a 5k run, to Fran, to 440/ 50 GH situps/ Hyper, repeat for 3 cycles, to muscles up and overhead squats.

Can you divide up the categories like upper metcon, lower metcon, torso strength, leg endurance, lower limit strength, and then just make up playing cards or dice and let them roll??

I would think if you made them up yourself, you lean twards your strength. Say running and gymnastics, and avoid Olympic Lifts and Military Cal's. A random generator/spreadsheet, would be nice.

--Tom

Yael Grauer
07-06-2007, 08:50 PM
There is an issue of the CF Journal that discusses the template. Actually, it looks like you can buy the individual article for $2.50.

https://store.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F7597282&rnd=5388033&rrc=N&affl=&cip=66.65.204.244&act=&aff=&pg=cat&ref=cfjart&catstr=

Robb Wolf
07-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Tom-
I think there are a million ways to cook those basic principles of intensity, functionality and variance, all to good effect.

Like you said, if there is a specific weakness present one can structure the WOD's or some of the warm-up activities to help shore up missing/deficient elements.

Here are a few things I've tinkered with:
Rutherford inspired-
1-ME Day-upper, lower or full body movement
2-met-con
Simply repeating that format with a day off after days 1 and 2 or BETWEEN 1 and 2 of sleep, stress etc. really messes with recovery.

Scotty Hagnas inspired-
1-gymnastics
2-olift
3-met-con
4-off
frequently i used rounds on the heavy bag as my met-con day on this template...again it lends itself to days off when and where you see the need.

Great to see you BTW and thank you for the EJJ plug on your blog!

Greg Everett
07-07-2007, 09:38 AM
i want to say kevin mckay was working on some kind of online generator... but i could be wrong.