PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

Troy Archie
07-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Looking to order up a pair of weightlifting shoes. Got my eye on a couple names but am curious if anyone can point me to a reliable and decently priced seller.

Chris Forbis
07-07-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.werksan.com/

I got the blue suede ($99). Fits my narrow foot pretty well. Be sure and tell them your normal shoe size because the sizing is all wonky on them. I like them.

Eric Jones
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
We sell them! More precisely, we sell direct from Glenn Pendlay and WFW

I have the red suede Do-Wins myself. Once broken in they are actually quite comfortable. I went a half size smaller to ensure a snug fit.

linky: http://www.roguefitness.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=133

Jordan Glasser
08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Just a heads up. It's funny that no one has encoutered the same problem, but here goes. I had a pair of adidas, but they were too small. I used them for a year, I loved them, but had no room in the toe box and it was effecting my jerks. I saved some money getting a pair of do-wins as replacements, but there is a major difference between the 2 shoes. First of is the amount of heel lift in the asian made shoes. At first I thought this would be a plus, given my relatively tight hamstrings. But in the end, too much forward inclination began to give patella pain in the squat, threw off my positioning during the 2nd pull, and is not helping my torso to stay erect during the dip and drive of the jerk. I have the right size adidas on order, and until then I will either lift in tennis shoes or barefeet.

Apparently asian shoes are designed to emphasize quads during the lifts, something that the buyer should be aware of.

Plus, in the end, I laughed my ass off trying to save 50 bucks on the sport of weightlifting. Why.....my hockey stick alone cost me 250, mtn bike over 1k, climbing gear $$$, snowboarding $$$$, compared to the 150 bucks if I go big with the adidas shoes. Which I will never need to replace again.....unlike my bike, hockey equipment, etc......

my 2 cents,

Jordan

Jay Cohen
08-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I have a pair from VS Athletics, probably the lowest price shoe out there, but for my first pair, OK. If I ever do get the Oly Lifts down, will reward myself with better shoes, until then.............................

John Seiler
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Jordan,

I experienced the same thing. They seemed like well-made shoes but the heels were just too high. I felt a little like Pee-Wee Herman. Tequila!

Mike ODonnell
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Chuck T's $30 at Sports Authority.

Jordan Glasser
08-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Jordan,

I experienced the same thing. They seemed like well-made shoes but the heels were just too high. I felt a little like Pee-Wee Herman. Tequila!

I did order a pair of adidas ironwork II. Got them a week ago, and have never looked back! I love them. I wish I never tried to save the extra buck. Anatomically the adidas suit my style of squatting and lifting. They get my vote!

Kevin Anderson
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I had a pair of the top of the line adidas and they were too narrow and didn't last long at all before falling apart. My DoWins have lasted much longer and the higher heel helps with my lack of ankle flexibility. They take some time to get used to but I've never had any problems with knee pain or anything like that. Basketball and soccer take care of the knee pain for me. It is all personal preference, whatever you feel comfortable in. A couple of people I train with prefer the ironworks over the top of the line adidas.

Troy Archie
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Irony!

Alright, I just got my Do-Win in the mail like 5 minutes before I read this post and am currently wearing them.

Problem though; they sent the wrong size. I ordered an 10 1/2 and got an 11. They fit ok, are a bit long but feel nice everywhere else. Do I send them back? That's going to cost me about another $60. Blah.

Kim Dowse
08-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Troy - I ordered the Do-Wins from Pendlay about 3 months ago. I also received a different size than what I ordered (had even talked to him on thephone prior to placin ghte order). Give Glenn a call - he was great to work with. He sent me the correct size (no charge for shipping) and a shipping label to return the first pair. Good Luck!

Troy Archie
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I went through Pete Delago over at Werksan and so far I'm getting bull shit from them. They sent me the wrong shoe size than what I ordered, double charged me for shipping (I was charged for shipping in the orignal payment plus I had to pay UPS at my door) and now if I want to exchange the shoes for the proper size that I had ordered they want me to pay for shipping in both directions. I smell fecal matter.

I'll be interested to see how this pans out...

Jordan Glasser
08-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Troy,

when I ordered my Do-wins, I had to pay the brokerage fee of 45$ when it arrived at my door (maybe not exactly 45, I tried to erase that cost from my memory). My 90$ shoes turned into 150$ to ship it to Canada. I did order them from Glenn, not Werksan.
Good luck working that out.....I know the UPS guy said that I can try and dispute the amount of the brokerage fee. I couldn't be bothered to make a big deal.

shitty deal for sure, I hope it all works out.

There are a couple of places to get them in canada if this deal falls through.

Troy Archie
08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah well it looks like I'm stuck with a pair of shoes that are a bit too big but correct according to their size adjustment chart. And no explanation for the extra shipping costs other than it being a customs duty charged by my country.

Definitely would NEVER do business with these folks again and would recommend them to no one.

Kim Dowse
08-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Troy - hope you can sell them on E-bay or to a friend. If you decide to get a pair that fits...Glen was awesome to work with. Also, I am looking into getting a pair of Adidas Ironwork from Dynamic Fitness. I ordered my suit from them...great customer service, great people to work with.

John Seiler
08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Ain't it grand that you can buy 850 different running and soccer shoes from the Adidas website but not their weightlifiting shoes? Seriously, talk about a bastard child. WTF.

Don't worry, though. I strongly chastised them in an email. Our worries are JUST about over.

Rick Deckart
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
That's because Adidas sells it's weightlifing shoes only through select dealers: In Germany for example as far as I know the only Dealer who sells Adidas is Manfred Nerlinger.