PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Girls

Brad Hirakawa
07-12-2007, 11:14 PM
My girl just beat a bunch of fellas at the local defensive pistol match. Took first place in her division (Marksman, Stock Service Pistol). Nothing sexier than a girl running a Glock like there is no tomorrow.

Why do I post this information here? Because I had two Redbridge beers tonight and I'm feeling sparky. Also, she reads the performance menu, eats largely paleo, trains the strength+endurance gig, and thinks Robb is sexy.

... and what's a forum dedicated to fighting, without a post by a Idaho born Nebraskan, about guns. :)

Brad

Jamila Bey
07-13-2007, 04:03 AM
You tell her I said "Big Ups Lady!"

And as a cop's kid who learned from Daddy how to shoot when I was 8, I appreciate how cool a girlie who can handle a pistol is. ('Specially one who is wise enough to appreciate Robb's sexiness!)

Frank Needham
07-13-2007, 05:38 AM
I think everyone should at least learn to shoot. Taught my daughter when she was very young and she knows what to do. I'm tellin' you watching her handle a S&W 40 for the first time and putting up tight patterns was very scary. Props to your lady!

Scott Kustes
07-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Very nice....this thread is worthless without pics. Nothing hotter than a chick with a gun. Ok, maybe a scantilly clad chick with a gun. Or a .....well, you get the idea.

Derek Simonds
07-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I have told this story before but that was how I knew I was going to be with my wife forever.

We were shooting on our property up in Michigan (apparently I cant use the state abbreviation as it gets confused with another MI). When I asked her what weapon she wanted to use she replied the assault rifle of course. It was a pre ban SKS with a bayonet, so I flipped out the bayonet and handed it to her. She empties the clip in the target then charges and proceeds to bayonet it. We all applaud and she explains that her army training took over :D . I love her!

I am in complete agreement girls with guns rule. Brad did you compete also? I have always wanted to compete in an IDPA match.

Brad Hirakawa
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Yep I competed. Results are at www.gotammo.com if you click on the "Competitions" tab at the left of the home page, then the "Current IDPA match results" at the top center of the next page (the first link). Oana did very well, I didn't do so bad either.

We don't tell many folks down here, gun owning citizens in this city are often looked down on as "gun nuts."

Now a days, I just invite the gunophobes to the shooting range. Once they get a taste of the good stuff, it is only a matter of time until they want another helping of the second amendment. And Brad's kitchen is open all night long.

I'll get some pics... but if I ever have to shoot someone in self defense, I hope some snotty lawyer doesn't use them against me!

Brad

Derek Simonds
07-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I hate that you even had to mention the snotty lawyer part. I can't wait to see the pics.

Robb Wolf
07-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm feeling VERY self conscious...

Brad Hirakawa
07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Hope this works.. should be some action shots attached. Sorry for the mess of posts before this..

Dan Silver
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
That pic in the upper left-hand corner should be labled: "Stage five at the near-sighted pistol competition was always a tuffy."

-D.

Brad Hirakawa
07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Dan,

That was a "no-shoot" target, empty hands indicate an unarmed person. She was engaging the targets behind it.

Brad

Derek Simonds
07-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Those pictures rock. The one of you doing the reload is perfect.

Brandon Enos
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice pictures man, and I agree, nothing hotter than a girl with a gun.

Not to hijack, I shot my first handguns yesterday, automatic .45 and 9mm, not sure what manufacturer though. Ive always shot rifles and shotguns, but never hand (at least not with live ammo). Im down here visiting my grandparents and my grandpa was going shooting with some friends and asked me if I wanted to come.

Brad Hirakawa
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Brandon,

You don't happen to be related to THE Mr. Enos do you?

http://www.brianenos.com/

Brad

Brandon Enos
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Nope, not that I know of.

Robb Wolf
07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
That pic in the upper left-hand corner should be labled: "Stage five at the near-sighted pistol competition was always a tuffy."

-D.

fudge Yea.

Darby Darrow
08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice pics Brad! I especially like the product placement with the Harris Academy logo on your T Shirt!

Congrats to you and Oana!

Brad Hirakawa
08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Darby, nice to see you here!

I thought Mr. Harris would like that.

If you send me a "Darby's Garage" t-shirt, I'll advertise for you as well. On that note, thanks for the coaching, I know you are very busy and I do appreciate your time.

One of these days I'll pick up a nice 1911, so you and Jack stop calling me when one goes on sale. :)

Brad