PDA

View Full Version : Matt Furey

Don Stevenson
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
In my quest to become a minor league fitness celebrity (tm) I subscribe to Matt Furey's email newsletter list so that I can study the "zen master of the internet (tm)"

I thought Furey might have gone too far with his chinese cultural sex secrets cd's but it looks like he's gone to the next level.

Click this link and look at product 6.....

http://www.mattfurey.com/cosmic_blast_off.html

Robb Wolf
07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Christ...we need to really lower our standards for the products we offer...

Steve Shafley
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Here's the thing.

Matt Furey makes his big money telling people how to make money, just like all those other guys. He's lost the audience of real athletes and those who can read and understand science at the 7th grade level, and how caters to the vague conservative and right wing markets online.

These products are like a joke on other people. I'm pretty sure he's snickering all the way to the bank, because he's got a huge email list and that generates his sales.

Allen Yeh
07-17-2007, 03:56 AM
A deal at only $995 for the whole package.....wtf.

Scott Kustes
07-17-2007, 04:51 AM
A deal at only $995 for the whole package.....wtf.
You know what they say about a fool and his money.

Leo Soubbotine
07-17-2007, 05:08 AM
How to Take a Crap - $49 ? He's mistaken. That's priceless!

Mike ODonnell
07-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Marketing 101...say you have a secret and then charge big money....you will never get the serious crowd following him but the larger "I'll take any shortcut or buy anything on QVC or is a secret" crowd is a much bigger pond to fish in....hence someone actually took it literally and wrote the book/DVD called "The Secret" and it sold millions!!....and it was nothing new, just a nice shiny new package it came in....

although I've always wondered how to take a crap....Hmmmmmm......

Ron Nelson
07-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I guess he didn't read "Ron Nelson's Super Cleanse Technique."

Drink a bunch of tequila, eat a bunch of jalapenos, have a beer or two.

Wait until morning. If you can't take a crap after that, then you are one big dumbshit.

Pun certainly intended.

Mike ODonnell
07-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I guess he didn't read "Ron Nelson's Super Cleanse Technique."

Drink a bunch of tequila, eat a bunch of jalapenos, have a beer or two.

Wait until morning. If you can't take a crap after that, then you are one big dumbshit.

Pun certainly intended.

You left off eating a bucket of "Three Mile Island" Buffallo Wings and a 32oz Coffee in the morning.....then you need handlebars on the side of the toilet from keeping yourself putting your head through the ceiling....blastoff!

Jonathan Owen
07-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I just laughed out loud at the "blastoff" comment, there is a guy at my work that always talks about matt furey and how great he is. The results definitely speak for themselves.

JW Luckett
07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Honestly? How could anyone possibly take that guy seriously? My confidence in the human species grows less by the day.

Mike ODonnell
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Bet that kid in Canada did....when he threatened to come up there and use some sort of secret chinnese Hindu squat attack or something on him for messing up his Wikopedia profile...pretty funny stuff....

JW Luckett
07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I would be particularly concerned if the Secret Chinese Hindu Squat Attack can be found on the How to Take a Crap DVD. Yes, very concerned indeed.

James Evans
07-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Just emailed that out to a few friends that I think could appreciate some marshmallow man originated bowel movement advice and one of them replied drawing my attention to this:

http://irishbareknuckleboxing.com/

Walshy has missed a trick.

First Thing You're Going to Do is Laugh

Second thing you're going to do is wish you'd bought the How to Crap DVD because you've bunged yourself up with Guinness.

Ron Nelson
07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Just emailed that out to a few friends that I think could appreciate some marshmallow man originated bowel movement advice and one of them replied drawing my attention to this:

Second thing you're going to do is wish you'd bought the How to Crap DVD because you've bunged yourself up with Guinness.

But did you sign up for the daily bareknuckle boxing tip of the day?

John Seiler
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Seriously, this is worrying me. What if I've been taking my craps wrong all these years?! Perhaps this is to blame for my hair loss, weight gain, holitosis, hypertension, and (gasp) ERECTILE DISFUNCTION?!?!

Mike ODonnell
07-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Here's the Irish secret....we put up our hands...kick you in the nuts...and then drink your beer....then repeat till drunk and call it a night......

Never been bunged up by Guinness.....as it is absorbed into the very soul of my existence....no waste products leftover....

Dan Silver
07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
And in the euston tavern you screamed it was your shout
But they wouldnt give you service so you kicked the windows out
They took you out into the street and kicked you in the brains
So you walked back in through a bolted door and did it all again

-D.

Chris Forbis
07-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Two points for Mr. Silver.

Ron Nelson
07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
He shares a soul with Shane McGowan.

James Evans
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM

But hopefully not a set of teeth. English public school educated McGowan doesn't have many of those to spare.

Chris Forbis
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.thespoonbender.com/images/0404/042104_shane.jpg

Now that's what a rock star is supposed to look like.

Robb Wolf
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.thespoonbender.com/images/0404/042104_shane.jpg

Now that's what a rock star is supposed to look like.

that makes Keith Richards look...sprightly and alive. Amazing.

Dan Silver
07-19-2007, 11:28 PM

Eh, a passion or two perhaps.

Tommy Gavin (Dennis Leary's character in Rescue Me), on the other hand...

That show makes me cringe with introspection.

-D.

Ron Nelson
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Now you're a philandering firefighter??

Dan Silver
07-21-2007, 12:17 AM
You're half right.

-D.

Ken Urakawa
07-21-2007, 06:30 AM
So you're a philanfighter? Or a fireanderer?