PDA

View Full Version : August 11th Orlando FL

Derek Simonds
07-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Man the weekend of August 11th is absolutely loaded with stuff to do here in Orlando. I have to make a decision what I am doing from 3 really good choices.

1) Race in the Deland Triathlon which is a now a sprint distance on a mountain bike.

2) Blauer Tactical Systems ANNUAL SPEAR SYSTEM & PDR COMBATIVES CAMP. Where I would get to meet Jesse Woody (Definite Bonus)

3) Olympic Lifting seminar at Crossfit Evolution with Regional USAW Weightlifting Coach Daniel Camargo

I haven't figured out how to clone myself or that is what I would do. The first 2 are what I am really having a hard time deciding between. I have been training for the tri or I would blow it off. I love that course and the race but on the other hand how often does Blauer Tactical do a seminar in Orlando with all the supporting people (Jesse Woody, Greg Amundson and the like).

I wonder if I could race and then come to the seminar after the race was over. I would probably be a couple of hours late. At least I can't complain that there is nothing to do. :D

Greg Everett
07-19-2007, 01:08 PM
i would do the blauer gig. totally legit. you can come out here for the oly clinic instead!

Derek Simonds
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I am doing everything I can to be there for your O-lift seminar. In fact I am trying to schedule my week so I can get a training session in with you on Wednesday or Thursday next week. I will keep you posted.

Robb Wolf
07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I'd go with the Blauer event also...he is a total stud and Jesse is JESSE F*%$#ing WOODY!

Nuff said.

Jesse Woody
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
whoa whoa....how did I miss this? My ego-increase detector is usually great at picking up on these threads and then posting up with something profound like "pshaw!"

Thanks for the kind words...now I have to train hard enough to live up to my apparent reputation before you guys come out for the seminar ;)

Derek Simonds
08-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Jesse it was with deep sorrow I wasn't able to bask in your increased ego. Unfortunately the broken arm thingy kind of limits direct tactical training. I have even had to cut out my BJJ. :D

I am coming to the Oct seminar at your place so I look forward to basking in Jesse than.

Jesse Woody
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Awesome man! We'll be looking forward to having you guys here!