PDA

View Full Version : Funny Robb Wolf quote!

Neal Winkler
07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
"If one is truly emulating the eating patterns of our paleo ancestors the grazing pattern is pretty much it."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I found this while searching for info on NHE.

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/23/1614.html

Mike ODonnell
07-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey Robb.....every get those 10 lost lbs of muscle back?? :)

Greg Battaglia
07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Haha, I came across that a little while ago and snickered to myself as well.

Scott Kustes
07-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Robb Wolf is a flip-flopper!

Neal Winkler
07-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Worse than John Kerry I tell ya...

Scott Kustes
07-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Worse than John Kerry I tell ya...
If Robb ever runs for President of Nutrition Geeks, I'm rolling that quote out as evidence of his inability to pick a line of thought and then stick his head in the sand and stick to it unflinchingly. This message brought to you by CrossFit Veterans for Truth.

Steve Liberati
07-22-2007, 06:39 AM
hey give Robb a break....his nutrition philosophies have simply (whats the word....)....evolved! hehe

Ron Nelson
07-22-2007, 07:47 PM
You fools don't even know.

Robbo was in on the "can you be paleo and Christian at the same time" thread a couple of years ago. That was freaking hi-lar-i-ous.

Ask Dan John.

Scott Kustes
07-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ron. I went back and looked it up. Good stuff!

Dave Van Skike
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM

wow...thanks guys. I'm really going to miss the time I just wasted reading that.

Ron Nelson
07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
No one said it would be worth your while, but fun at others' expense usually pays off.

Neal Winkler
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm suprised Rob hasn't had anything to say about this! I know I've done a lot of flip-flopping in my day!

Dave Van Skike
07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
No one said it would be worth your while, but fun at others' expense usually pays off.

Usually, but in this case it seems a lot of folks on that thread may have some form of mental illness......which is almost never funny...

Ok that's not true,

but it in an ideal world those people would be getting the kind of institutional support and physical restraint they need.

Robb Wolf
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I was trying to escape the country but got rounded ups by TSA. time to pay the piper.

Yep...I flubbed that one. I also stated publicly that CrossFit® was all you needed for atheltic S&C development. OOPS.

I sat on the idea of intermittent fasting for over 2 years...told Scotty about it but was a chicken shit to mention it for exactly this reason:p.

I have less back-pedaling to do than Sears, Berardi, Poliquin and a few others who have boogey-maned the notion of a moment or two spent out of an "anabolic" state.

Greg Everett
07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
"Say nothing that can be either confirmed or denied. The general thrust should be embedded in the minds of the listeners forever, but the details should be forgotten the moment they're spoken."

There's more, but I have forgotten. Schizopolis. The pinnacle of Steven Soderburg's career.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6246519707098710747&q=steven+soderberg+schizopolis&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Ron Nelson
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I was trying to escape the country but got rounded ups by TSA. time to pay the piper.

Yep...I flubbed that one. I also stated publicly that CrossFit® was all you needed for atheltic S&C development. OOPS.

I sat on the idea of intermittent fasting for over 2 years...told Scotty about it but was a chicken shit to mention it for exactly this reason:p.

I have less back-pedaling to do than Sears, Berardi, Poliquin and a few others who have boogey-maned the notion of a moment or two spent out of an "anabolic" state.

I'm with you on this. Just yesterday, another article on T-Nation about eating a bunch of small meals during the day as part of "Nutrition for Newbies."
Imagine the cataclysmic response once one of the "diet gurus" endorses IF.

Side note: Funny how Dave Tate dumped John Berardi as his personal diet guru.

Chris Forbis
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Side note: Funny how Dave Tate dumped John Berardi as his personal diet guru.

Yeah, is there any story behind that? I had been following the Dave Tate Project Parts I and II and was left hanging while waiting on Part III.

Allen Yeh
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd be curious about hte JB Dave Tate thing.

Robb Wolf
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
The only thing remotely like this was a get lean quick plan berardi put forward...calorie restricted low carb diet...shockingly effective! In that he mentioned the benefits of caloric restriction.

Those hosers will coma round eventually, they will have to. Mens Health is doing a fairly large Ketosis/intermittent fasting article...I was interviewed for part of it so hopefully you will See a plug for the PM.

Six meals a day may be necessary/beneficial depending upon ones goals but the T-bagers make things into this reverse anorexia thing...utter fear of going a minute out of total nitrogen retention...it just sux and is a tough life to live other than being shackled to your tupperware containers. No Thanks.

Yael Grauer
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I guess Dave Tate is working with Justin Harris? Not that I care, just trying to keep up and spending too much time on the google machine.

As far as IF actually JB posted a bunch of studies on it back in February and March.

Robb Wolf
07-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I guess Dave Tate is working with Justin Harris? Not that I care, just trying to keep up and spending too much time on the google machine.

As far as IF actually JB posted a bunch of studies on it back in February and March.

Where did that end up amiga? On his site?

Yael Grauer
07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Where did that end up amiga? On his site?

Yeah, it was just a bunch of pubmed studies with links.

Yael Grauer
07-26-2007, 10:21 PM

Link please!

Scott Kustes
07-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I assume it's this one:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/4910.html

If not, someone else provide a link. That one was amusing, but maybe there's one that's even better out there.

Ron Nelson
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
That is the very thread of which I spoke. Looking back, it's funny to see one Steve Shafley as the lone voice of reason on the thread (prior to Dan John's post) trying to encourage all to abandon the discussion as it was traveling up the slippery slope.

Good times, good times.

Neal Winkler
07-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I just read Dan's comments. I have to disagree though with his comments that science must be repeatable. All the historical sciences deal with events that will not be repeated, from Big Bang cosmology to anything in archeology. We even deem certain experiments as science that in practice, but not in principle, are not repeatable due to the time, money, and number of people required to run them.

Of course I'm probably wrong, because I usually am.