PDA

View Full Version : Endurance training and Cancer....again

Mike ODonnell
08-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Now not trying to start the old war about endurance events and health....as I love to go out on the weekends and mountain bike for 1-2 hours...or play hockey for 2 hours....but that's once a week if that....but the light needs to be shown on these trends of endurance "junkies" and the increased risk to health...only because so many people are running around thinking the exact opposite...

Someone needs to come out and remind people that "excessive" exercise of any kind increases cortisol, depresses immunity, increases oxidative stress and destruction....oh I give up....

another endurance guy gets cancers...must of caught it from a faulty bike seat....
http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/other/articles/2007/08/01/i_am_ironman/
Indeed, three weeks after beginning treatment last fall, Schaye ran the New York City Marathon. In June he completed another EagleMan Ironman, and in May a triathlon in Florida. "I cringed as a 70-year-old woman ran past me. (I'll get her next year)," he wrote on his blog, thriveblog.typepad.com/thrive. He closes his posts with, "I am Thriving, I am an Ironman, Paul."