PDA

View Full Version : Paleo Poo and You

Mike ODonnell
08-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Well my next kids book title is given away.......

But thinking out loud....knowing that how we poo is a look into how our gut environment/digestion process is health wise....and since there are 2 Paleo facts that:
A) Toilet paper does not grow on trees
B) There are no natural porcelain toilets growing in the fields

Would reason to believe that a healthy human was meant to litteraly "dump and run".....with no need of wipping (unlike what we all think when we go camping and grab some leaves) and only need to crouch down for a brief time (again unlike what we think as most of us call the bathroom the "library").

So in a sense if you are eating right, and are healthy in the gut...you should not have to stay in the bathroom for 15minutes and really should have a clean "wipe" after. Anything else means you have issues or are eating the wrong foods for your system......just a guess....feel free to comment in any detail you want...it's all scientific...except for anything Ron says....

Garrett Smith
08-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I have one of these: www.naturesplatform.com .

I find having to remove my pants to use it a pain in the butt (pun intended).

I have not noticed any difference in wiping with the use of it (other than a greater need for balance!).

There's a lot of factors involved in it. I'm a little jealous of my dog's lack of need for TP, then again, I don't mind not licking my privates either.

Derek Simonds
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
That is exactly how I know when my diet is dialed in. Other than doing it outside.

Mike ODonnell
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=Garrett Smith;17531 I don't mind not licking my privates either.[/QUOTE]

I would think he might diagree.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5189292234477216427

William Hunter
08-03-2007, 06:26 AM
"Twice around the pot and pointed at both ends."

Can't remember where I read that little pearl of poo wisdom.

Chris Rice
08-03-2007, 06:39 AM
The problem is in the walking on two legs thing. We developed butt cheeks and the anus is now back in instead of outside so to speak like on 4 legged animals. Instead of drying out and falling off the way other animals do, it can just kind of smear itself around between your cheeks if not cleaned - causing some problems. I know many cultures do not "wipe" but many "wash". No diet is perfect enough that occasional problems would not occur.

Scott Kustes
08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Nothing else to add. I just wanted to be a part of this thread.

Garrett Smith
08-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Humans being the "relatively hairless" (at least some of us) creatures that we are, I do believe certain patches of hair make this more of an issue.

Robb Wolf
08-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Word.

Neal Winkler
08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Yup, I definitely have cleaner poops the better I eat, and especially when I'm IFing.

Kevin Perry
08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I love the detail of this thread

Yuen Sohn
08-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Ditto

Mike ODonnell
08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
all inspired by seeing this book in B&N.....yes a real book..

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QpCkCHOPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

William Hunter
08-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Well you said all comments are welcome, and this will be as unscientific as it gets.

I readily acknowledge that consistency of poo (hard vs soft) is determined by amount of time in the large intestine, and that within 12-36 hrs of a night of excessive drinking something foul smelling will exit me. I've not had any problems with constipation and I don't party hard more than a handful of times per year. What gets me weirded out is the crazy fluctuation in volume, with seemingly no change in the amount I ate. Day in day out I'll often eat the same quantity of food, and then one random day I'll unleash something ridiculous in size, what I refer to as a "Posture Changer". WTF?! Of course, when I try to give the details to my wife and get her input she doesn't even look up from her crossword as she states, "girls don't poop." Discussion closed.

Allen Yeh
08-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Everytime I looked at this thread this would run in my head...so I thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc

Allison Barns
08-05-2007, 01:22 PM
What is it with guys and poo? Admittedly I read this thread with interest, but what IS this guy-poo thing?

(Thanks for the laughs - I needed them!)

Mike ODonnell
08-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Everytime I looked at this thread this would run in my head...so I thought I'd share:

"When you flush your dookie down...you flush away your answer..." ..great stuff...

Scott Kustes
08-05-2007, 03:56 PM

And with that, this thread enters the pursuit of becoming as infamous as the Karma thread.