PDA

View Full Version : 10 Articles to change your life

Mike ODonnell
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
outside of the fitness world....here's a good link to 10 articles that can change your life...as we all need some inspiration

http://www.lifereboot.com/2007/10-articles-that-changed-my-life/

Neal Winkler
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the link, Mike. I'm going to read these. Maybe I'll be able to say that YOU changed my life?? If that happens, I'll put your phone number in every strippers g-string that I ever come across.

Scott Kustes
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Great set of articles...I bookmarked these a week or so ago. I especially enjoyed #1 and #3.

William Hunter
08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the link MOD. I've just read the first few articles. Even though I'm well established in my profession (and happy), from time to time we should perform self-assessments to make sure we're really comfortable with the path we're on. While reading I had a few ideas pop into my head about how I can make my work more fulfilling, both for me and those I interact with.

Mike ODonnell
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
ahhh....strippers...they inspire me....

I like #3 the best...being the entreprenuer for the last 5 years (or as I say, already retired now figuring out what to do with my life)....I need reminders on why I did it in the first place...when I miss the steady pay check and benefits of the corporate world....but it never inspired me and like the matrix....once you take the blue pill and see the world in a different light....there is no going back....

Allen Yeh
08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks MOD, so far I have read the first article and that was a lot to digest.

Allen Yeh
08-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Steve Jobs 2005 Commencement Address tp Stanford is availible at the Stanford Itunes University page. It was a good read and better when he delivers it.

Allen Yeh
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
#2 was interesting and I have heard/thought that before, where is it said that people should be happy and smiling all the time?

#4 is something I guess I've struggled with and I need to take what is said in there to heart more and take some time out for myself and figure all that out.

#10 is hilarious because it's absolutely true, recalling the number of times in college I went through what was said in that article.

I still need to read 3,5,6,7,8, and 9. Thanks again Mike.

Mike ODonnell
08-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the link to Stanford...I would rather put it on my Ipod and listen to it while on my long cardio hikes....

I still go with #3 for me....a good quick daily inspiration to live the dream....

Kevin Perry
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
These articles are excellent. They are giving me ideas.