PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw "300"

Steve Shafley
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't see why everyone was freaking out about how the actors physiques were enhanced with CGI. Looking at the footage from Gym Jones, and then looking at the movie, you might be able to say that some of the contours were shaded or deepened, but, in my opinion, it wasn't that big a deal.

Good movie, though. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Danny John
08-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Personally, I think it needed more hype when it came out about the actor's training methods.

While I am thinking about it, Mark still hasn't given me a copy of the great CD they made with the practice battles with PVC pipes. I need to call him.

The sequel, "301," has begun training.

Steve Shafley
08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Everybody and their uncle Joe jumped on the "300" bandwagon. Mark really should have publicized it more.

So far I've seen Josh Hillis, Craig Ballentyne, and now Steve Maxwell hop on the '300' training bandwagon.

Kind of goofy.

Mike ODonnell
08-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Everybody and their uncle Joe jumped on the "300" bandwagon. Mark really should have publicized it more.

So far I've seen Josh Hillis, Craig Ballentyne, and now Steve Maxwell hop on the '300' training bandwagon.

Some other wanna be minor league internet trainer superstar took the 300 DVD trailer and added his own website at the end just to get top views over at Youtube...now that's really lame...even for the instant expert just add HTML internet E-book superstars....

Allen Yeh
08-06-2007, 06:17 AM
The Gates of Fire was a great book.

Robb Wolf
08-06-2007, 06:44 AM
I thought the movie was awesome. Plus enough hype, drama and intrigue to write many a book or tell-all article.

Robert Allison
08-06-2007, 06:57 AM
The Gates of Fire was a great book.

Word.

I seem to recall reading a while back that Clooney's production company had purchased the film rights to Gates of Fire. But I never heard anything else, so I don't know if that is true or not. I hope so; it would make an awesome movie.