PDA

View Full Version : Rugby anyone?

Allen Yeh
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
So who is up for a game of rugby?

William Hunter
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
That is one scary mofo...think I'll pass.

Brandon Enos
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I've actually always wanted to play, it does look fun.

Allen Yeh
08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
That is one scary mofo...think I'll pass.

For those that don't recognize him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariusz_Pudzianowski

I wonder what it's like being steamrolled by WSM.

Paul Findley
08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
The Farmer's Walk with 125 kg in each hand.

um...wow

Robb Wolf
08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Fudge THAT! I'll stick with safe stuff like MMA and jits.

Scott Kustes
08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
If I saw him running at me, I would curl into a ball and cry.

Ken Urakawa
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Would you like some quads with your order? Guy's ridiculous.

Steve Shafley
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
It would hurt, but I would take him down. Or I'd try, anyway.

I took down a prop and a fullback who'd been capped for the Canadian national side, and a prop and a second row who'd been capped for the Eagles.

It hurt. Not only me, but also them.

I weighed ~200# at the time.

After I tackled the Canadian prop I asked to be taken out of the game about 5 minutes later. I was better in a few hours, but, ouch, ouch, ouch.

Kevin Perry
08-12-2007, 03:04 PM
that guy is huge. I would rather stay on the sidelines and be entertained by him crushing everything in sight.

joe murphy
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
It would hurt, but I would take him down. Or I'd try, anyway.

I took down a prop and a fullback who'd been capped for the Canadian national side, and a prop and a second row who'd been capped for the Eagles.

It hurt. Not only me, but also them.

I weighed ~200# at the time.

After I tackled the Canadian prop I asked to be taken out of the game about 5 minutes later. I was better in a few hours, but, ouch, ouch, ouch.

I'd rather try and take down him than jonah lomu!

actually, I'd just pull my shirt off and go play softball if I saw either one of them on the other XV ...

Steve Shafley
08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I lack the gameness nowadays, being neither young or dumb, nor full of come.

James Evans
08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
He's an awesome strongman but I agree, a Polynesian like Jonah Lomu in his prime running at me full tilt would be far more terrifying.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHL0nYlPbI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjjUR-VFMQ

a monster of a man but one of life's genuine good guys.

On the other hand, as a back with the ball in hand looking up to see that Polish guy marking me I'd piss myself laughing. That's a try 9 out of 10 times.

Watch the USA games in the World Cup next month if you can and see just how powerful some of the modern players are. I watched England play France at Twickenham on Saturday and the guys are all looking in pretty impressive shape.

Now Phil Pfister, he'd have been a pretty useful backrow foward...

James Evans
08-13-2007, 02:29 AM
This guy is a beast as well:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L1r2vEd1_IA&mode=related&search=

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrbp1ASVhCg&mode=related&search=

joe murphy
08-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Pool A
England, South Africa, Samoa, USA, Tonga
Pool B
Australia, Wales, Fiji, Canada, Japan

Pool C
New Zealand, Scotland, Italy, Romania, Portugal

Pool D
France, Ireland, Argentina, Georgia, Namib

I know england looks at that pool and says: "damn, we have to face the mighty USA ... curses"

joe murphy
08-13-2007, 05:25 AM
NZ might not be scored upon in its pool games.

England; OZ; NZ; Ireland.

Ireland takes it all ...

Steve Shafley
08-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Hahahahah.

I've said it before, USAR has 10 administrators for every capped player, unless they've changed remarkably since the last time I checked.

It's an inept, micromanaging bureaucracy that keeps USAR the laughingstock of world rugby. I don't know who's coaching now, but it's almost like USAR is the Detroit Lions of rugby.

That and completely out of date training methodologies for most of the players.

And an "old boy's club" method of selection, rather than one based on performance and merit, in many cases.

joe murphy
08-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Hahahahah.

I've said it before, USAR has 10 administrators for every capped player, unless they've changed remarkably since the last time I checked.

It's an inept, micromanaging bureaucracy that keeps USAR the laughingstock of world rugby. I don't know who's coaching now, but it's almost like USAR is the Detroit Lions of rugby.

And an "old boy's club" method of selection, rather than one based on performance and merit, in many cases.

I don't know, there is a new guy running it. not an american; big money guy from overseas.

we won't see any changes in our lifetime though. and I plan to live to be 110.

Steve Shafley
08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Nope, you know it.

James Evans
08-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Hahahahah.

Nigel Melville, your Director of Rugby used to be the boss of my club, Gloucester. If he is given the slack to shake up the system then a sleeping giant might come to life. If the USA get pumped in the cup then he may just get fired.

James Evans
08-16-2007, 03:14 AM
NZ might not be scored upon in its pool games.

England; OZ; NZ; Ireland.

Ireland takes it all ...

Despite a reptutation as a nation happy to roll over and take it up the arse the French are hosting the tournament and therefore playing at home.They'll be tough to be beat and looked pretty well conditioned when I saw them play England at the weekend.

That pool is harsh, France, Ireland and Argentina. All of them are capable and deserving of qualifying from the pool matches.

joe murphy
08-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Nigel Melville, your Director of Rugby used to be the boss of my club, Gloucester. If he is given the slack to shake up the system then a sleeping giant might come to life. If the USA get pumped in the cup then he may just get fired.

holding the england or SA B-sides to under 100 points would be a moral victory for USA rugby. no reason why we can't be competitive with samoa or tonga though.

good luck to melville, but its an uphill climb. things are going in the right direction but more slowly than any of us would like.

joe murphy
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Despite a reptutation as a nation happy to roll over and take it up the arse the French are hosting the tournament and therefore playing at home.They'll be tough to be beat and looked pretty well conditioned when I saw them play England at the weekend.

That pool is harsh, France, Ireland and Argentina. All of them are capable and deserving of qualifying from the pool matches.

french have a good team, no question. Sebastien Chabal is one of my favorite players. but they should have lost to ireland in the six nations. *damn them* this will be payback.

there was some talk of argentina joining the tri-nations, which would be good for the pumas. and even some talk of a US team or two in the magner's league ...