PDA

View Full Version : Ori's strange spin on primal human diet

Greg Battaglia
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
At times I think Ori is very original and creative, while at others his (il)logic baffles me.

Every guru and their mother is now using evolutionary theory to back their health claims. Here's his spin on things http://www.warriordiet.com/blog/

Scott Kustes
08-10-2007, 05:34 AM
So he wants us to eat live animals?

Mike ODonnell
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Much like everyone...80/20 rule....80% genious...20% WTF.....still love Ori

Who knows...in 5 years I may take 10% of his Genious today and move it to the WTF pile...and another 10% of WTF today and move it to his Genious file....

Robert Allison
08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
So he wants us to eat live animals?

Apparently, in Korea they eat live baby octopi. National Geographic Channel had a piece on this Korean "delicacy" on Taboo, one of their regular programs.

Click here (http://www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/shorts.html) and scroll down for a look.

I eat quite a bit of raw food (even meat), but I generally prefer my food to at least be dead...

Robb Wolf
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
This is good:
"If you run into foods that combine and contain these un-combinable combinations"

Greg was sifting through a website for a gym here in Chico and they had the term "a various variety..." Good redundant stuff!

I think Ori has some good stuff but it's like he has never heard of Cordain. His conclusions seem concocted and refined in a vacuum. Eh.

Greg Battaglia
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Exactly, Cordain has already set the record straight ad nauseum, everyone wants to cash in on the whole "cave man" philosophy. All you need to do is eat lean meat, fish, veggies, some fruit and good fats and your set. Peeps like Ori just confuse everyone.

Dave Van Skike
08-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Much like everyone...80/20 rule....80% genious...20% WTF.....still love Ori

Who knows...in 5 years I may take 10% of his Genious today and move it to the WTF pile...and another 10% of WTF today and move it to his Genious file....

I'd reverse those ratios

Scott Kustes
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I'd reverse those ratios
I'll 2nd that.

Jeremy Shepard
08-10-2007, 02:43 PM
He has gone absolutely bat-shit crazy.

Mike ODonnell
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
He has gone absolutely bat-shit crazy.

That's why you have to love him....upon further review of his site and new whole spin on Estrogen control and related line of supplements....I do reverse my ratios....20/80....although I still say Max Muscle Min Fat was a good read....

So if Bacon makes me grow boobs......well hell, my new diet is the Bacon diet!

Scott Kustes
08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
MOD, market it to the ladies and you'll make a mint.

Mike ODonnell
08-11-2007, 10:28 PM
MOD, market it to the ladies and you'll make a mint.

Actually I told my girlfriend that she should try wiping TP on her breasts.......when she asked why...I said because it is working wonders on making her butt grow......I am now single again....

TomFurman
08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Ori can sure spin the words, but does he ever research this stuff?? He just say things and quotes chemical process, etc. Then he draws these conclusions. Great reading since we are all geeks, but come on,.... he might as well be writing a fiction novel.

--Tom

Yael Grauer
08-13-2007, 08:57 PM
conclusions seem concocted and refined in a vacuum. Eh.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

Tony Ferous
08-23-2007, 01:47 AM
What everyone's take on avoiding pork due to the estrogen content? Most health authorities advise against it for various reasons(parasites etc), ive never heard of the estrogen argument however:

'pork is bad for you. Sorry about that. Pork has the highest concentration of naturally occurring estrogen. By way of comparison, milk contains 18 units of female hormone. Male pork can contain upwards of 5,000 units! Bacon is an estrogen drug!'