PDA

View Full Version : Legmes

Derek Simonds
08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I read Robb's latest entry on the Norcal Blog today with great interest. Beans have always been one of my favorite foods. I will confess to having had gastric distress on more than one occasion from eating them. Here is my question what qualifies as a legume in this example that we should stay away from. If it is a dark bean? Here are my favorites and I know Robb eats green beans I saw them in is breakfast.

Green Beans
Sugar Snap Peas
Green Peas
Black Beans
Pinto Beans

I listed them in what I am guessing is the best to worst. I love cuban black beans and we have some of the best cuban joints in the world down here. I always thought I was eating fairly close to paleo when I would have pork and black beans. I skip the rice for obvious reasons.

Any feedback appreciated.

Troy Archie
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Go with what you can digest and handle. I'd eat rice over Black Beans and
Pinto Beans personally but I was having problem with even natural peanut butter untill I got some probiotics...

Scott Kustes
08-22-2007, 05:29 AM
I eat green beans fairly regularly. I seem to recall that they are the only bean that Cordain allows on the Paleo Diet. Not sure why though.

Troy Archie
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
I eat green beans fairly regularly. I seem to recall that they are the only bean that Cordain allows on the Paleo Diet. Not sure why though.

I think maybe because you can eat them raw...?

Brian Shanks
08-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I used to love raw peas, but don't eat them since going paleo.
Raw green beans is the only way I ever enjoyed those also, but once again-paleo.
Cashews is one of the only legumes i eat on a regular basis. I get the fire roasted kind. They are just yummy.

Cheers

Bri