PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst Athletics > Performance Menu?

Steve Shafley
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I notice that this forum is now called the Catalyst Athletics forum, instead of the Performance Menu forum.

What gives, usos?

Steve Shafley
08-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Because I Signed Up For The Pmenu Forums, Not The Nasty Old Catalyst Athletics Forums! Greg Everett's Pulling A Fast One, Or Maybe, Just Maybe, He's Being Led Astray By A Certain Olympic Lifting Siren. We All Know Greg Is Like That.

Derek Simonds
08-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Inquiring minds do want to know.

I figured it was part of a complete marketing startegy to control the intraweb through re-branding. Kind of like how AT&T is a new name every 6 months.

Allen Yeh
08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Here I thought I was imagining it was ever called the PM forums to begin with...whew.

Steve Shafley
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
My 1001th post! It's a cover up!

Danny John
08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I think that the guys from PM broke away from CA. There are now literally hundreds of emails flying around the net with CC and BCC checked to everyone everywhere.

The fact that you don't know anything about it, Steve, shows what a conspiracy it must be...

Steve Shafley
08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm officially out of the loop.

Ron Nelson
08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Robb e-mailed me about a copyright violation of his dynamic new "Fasting to a Fantastic Body" workout and diet plan. Apparently, Mr. Everett has taken exception to the use of any lifts called the "snatch" or "jerk" in the plan.

The fact that the plan's motto was "It's all about snatches and jerks" may have been the flash point to this mess. (please note; I purposely avoided using the word "catalyst" as a brilliant pun just to avert the wrath of Mr. Everett)

Mr. Walsh: What say you?

Danny John
08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, one of them, I won't say which one, claims to have invented the Olympic lifts and gymnastics and felt that his kindness in "open sourcing" the Olympics has led to all kinds of stealing.

Steve Shafley
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Damn. That Open Sourcing shit throws a monkey wrench into the works all the time.

Greg might not have been able to handle Robb's new fitness celebrity status. It seems only yesterday they were wrasslin' barechested in Chico.

Robb Wolf
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
WOW! You guys have some active imaginations!

I'm out of the PM as my main gig. Getting a blog rolling to focus on some of my projects I'm working on...will still be around the forums plenty. Greg is the Grand Poo-Bah. All Hail!

Ken Urakawa
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM

I'm out of the PM as my main gig. Getting a blog rolling to focus on some of my projects I'm working on...will still be around the forums plenty. Greg is the Grand Poo-Bah. All Hail!

Damn it!! Now I have to add another site to my favorites list??

Ron Nelson
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Mr. Wolf,
Your feeble attempts at a cover-up are noble, but as I said, feeble. I suggest you attend my next workshop entitled, "Open Sourcing: How to make money and enemies in fell swoop, or; Just what the hell can I say is mine and fool everyone into believing me."

It's fantastic. Really, just ask me. Or my former student, Dan John.

Greg Everett
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
i've just merged the PM LLC into CA LLC - nothing's different... YET.

Starting next month, we'll be featuring a low-fat, whole-grain-based menu with plenty of cardio for weight control and disease prevention.

Joe Hart
08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't know wether to shit or go blind. Such choices...PM, CA, CF, GJ, ABC, X, MI, AHHHHH! To quote Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

Robb- So what are the side projects?

Scott Kustes
08-27-2007, 04:59 PM
i've just merged the PM LLC into CA LLC - nothing's different... YET.

Starting next month, we'll be featuring a low-fat, whole-grain-based menu with plenty of cardio for weight control and disease prevention.
Whew! I've been waiting for this day. All of this Paleo nonsense was driving me up a wall. All that feeling good all the time and such was getting old. I hear that a great dinner for the night before an event is a huge plate of spaghetti with half a loaf of French bread. You have to get those carbs in. Might want to throw in some low-fat ice cream afterwards just to be sure those glycogen stores are topped off.

William Hunter
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe we could have a special section devoted to discussing Tony Little training methodologies? Wow, I think I just wet myself.

Robb Wolf
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know wether to shit or go blind. Such choices...PM, CA, CF, GJ, ABC, X, MI, AHHHHH! To quote Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

Robb- So what are the side projects?

Joe-
My main thing is getting this damn IF book finished and published...then just track literature surrounding performance, health and longevity...that and shameless self promotion. Shameless.

Once that is done it's an MMA conditioning/fight prep book. That should keep me busy for a bit.

Ron-
We need a newsletter for your chicanery. 3rd project?

Danny John
08-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Quit ducking the issues, Robb. The truth. We demand the truth.

If there are photos involved, I would like a copy.

Kevin Perry
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Your all confusing me. Does this mean adding another bookmark into my already ungodly large list of fitness bookmarks? Oh how about new shirts? I seem to have started a CF/PM shirt fetish.

Greg Everett
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Your all confusing me. Does this mean adding another bookmark into my already ungodly large list of fitness bookmarks? Oh how about new shirts? I seem to have started a CF/PM shirt fetish.

Nothing will be different about the PM. Except perhaps a somewhat better smell now that Robb isn't hanging around so much (I keep telling him that becoming a vegetarian would reduce his body odor).

The change is really only legal--the PM is a journal published by Catalyst Athletics, LLC instead of by The Performance Menu, LLC. Nothing dramatic.

I'd add the NCSC blog and robb's IF blog to your bookmarks and call it good.

Ron Nelson
08-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Quit ducking the issues, Robb. The truth. We demand the truth.

If there are photos involved, I would like a copy.

That's my (50 year old) boy.

Robbo,

Isn't "chicanery" what they use in New Orleans to make coffee?

I could use another writing gig. Which reminds me, I owe Dan an article.

Slave driver that Silver.

Allen Yeh
08-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Damn it!! Now I have to add another site to my favorites list??

Google Reader :D

Allen Yeh
08-28-2007, 05:03 AM

HA...I think if I bring home more CF shirts my wife will beat me down.

Scott Kustes
08-28-2007, 06:21 AM
This just in: Robb Wolf is now a multi-millionaire from his sale of the Performance Menu Journal to CA, LLC.

Spread the wealth Robb. Don't forget us little guys.

Ron Nelson
08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
This just in: Robb Wolf is now a multi-millionaire from his sale of the Performance Menu Journal to CA, LLC.

Spread the wealth Robb. Don't forget us little guys.

At least spring for the next keg. MOD can't get one after he "fouled" the last keg and lost our deposit.

James R. Climer
08-28-2007, 11:37 AM
So who gets to keep the MI-sanctioned 'MFC' moniker
after their name as part of the divorce settlement?