PDA

View Full Version : Systemic Enzymes: Good, bad, or ugly?

Greg Battaglia
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
So I;ve been thinking of trying some systemic enzymes, particularly those made by Dr. Wong, the guy that is associated with Mike Mahler. The science seems to be there, and so are the anecdotes. Any experiences, worth the cash, etc?

Scott Kustes
09-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I took a bottle of Wobenzym after my shoulder surgery. Since I've never had shoulder surgery before, I can't say that it actually sped up my recovery, but I feel that having full ROM within a few weeks had to have been helped by them. Dr. G recommends Wobenzym.

Robert Allison
09-05-2007, 09:31 AM
I use systemic enzymes on a fairly regular basis. I find their greatest benefit to be as a recovery aid, particularly after a very hard workout. I obviously don't have a control group to compare to, but I seem to bounce back quicker when I take them.

I have never taken Wobenzyme, but I hear very good things about that product.

Garrett Smith
09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Greg,
If you're referring to Vitalzym, I personally have distanced myself from that company after learning more about the science of systemic enzymes as well as some of their marketing practices. I was pretty disappointed (in both the company and myself for being what I consider duped).

Greg Battaglia
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, that's the one. Well I'm glad I asked first before buying it. So Wobenzym is the one to go for?