PDA

View Full Version : 101 Things in 1001 Days

Scott Kustes
09-06-2007, 05:48 AM
This is a cool exercise (http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/) that I undertook a few days ago. It's called "101 Things in 1001 Days"....set 101 goals to accomplish in the next 1001 days. That is about 2.75 years to do the things you want to do with your life. I made my list yesterday and I have until June 2nd, 2010 (Sept 5th was my start day, so do the math accordingly) to complete all of the items on the list. Here are a few examples of things I've chosen as goals.

- Drive cross-country, avoiding Interstates. Eat only at local restaurants.
- Bike more miles than I drive 3 months in a row
- Clean out file cabinet
- Go White Water rafting
- Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight
- Eat only grass-fed/pastured/wild meats and seafood (except when dining at family/friend's houses)
- Pay off school loan
- Help with Habitat for Humanity
- Read 30 books
- Take a surfing class
- Donate $5 to charity for each item not completed by Day 1001

I divided my goals into categories: Personal, De-clutter, Adventure/Travel/Outdoors, Business/Blog, Health/Fitness, Food-related, Financial, Random Kindness/Charity, and Self-Improvement. You don't necessarily have to come up with 101 things. 25 or 43 or 8 is good too.

Anyone done/doing/going to jump in on this?

Chris Rice
09-06-2007, 06:03 AM
When I was 56 - I put together what I call my 60 - 60 list. It's a fairly ambitious list of 60 feats of strength and/or fitness to do before I turn 60 years of age. I turned 59 in Aug and I have one thing left to make my 60. It's been a great thing for me, it's kept me motivated and working towards different things and not just those things I like the most in training. I like your idea of including different categories than training also. It will be fun I'm sure - Good Luck!

Robert Allison
09-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Nice website. I have maintained a sort of running list of goals, many of which I have achieved. But something I haven't done is put deadlines on my personal goals, which at times probably lessens my sense of urgency.

I also like your idea of having a penalty for not completing items with the given time period. I may try to get my own list up in the next couple of days.

Garrett Smith
09-06-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm going to jump in...

Mike ODonnell
09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm still on goal #1 from 1992......Win the Lottery.....apparently I may need to scale down my ambitions.

Scott Kustes
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm still on goal #1 from 1992......Win the Lottery.....apparently I may need to scale down my ambitions.
Try the Pick 3 first. Baby steps my friend.

Mike ODonnell
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Try the Pick 3 first. Baby steps my friend.

setting sites lower....Bingo night at the VFW....

Don Stevenson
09-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Not quite as ambitious as 101 in 1000 days but i've got 115 sex free days between now and the end of the year when my girlfriend gets back from overseas so i'm knuckling down to work on my O lifting and business some.

Aiming to hit a BW+ snatch at 94kg and get ye olde fitness business up to the point where I can take some time off next year!