PDA

View Full Version : The IF Life?

Jeff Bearden
09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
MOD,

When is "The IF Life" going to be up and running. It says Sept so what's up?

BTW your profile says you're in GA. I was just curious where and what you do. Do you have a gym or what? I'm from GA originally and am retiring from the Army soon to my wife's hometown of Adairsville.

Mike ODonnell
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Sorry Jeff....backlogged on a ton of stuff....email me at mikeod04@hotmail.com as I do better in responses through Outlook. Hoping to get it up soon....but I have like 5 business I am trying to do the same....so chaos it is right now.

William Hunter
09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Hmmm. MOD that is ironic considering your views on simplicity. I've been checking out zenhabits quite a bit since you linked it and was needing to give you a public shout out. My worklife had been getting waaaay too stressful but I've been working on streamlining some things and its already helped unclench my jaw a bit.

Back on topic, really looking forward to what you have to offer on "The IF Life". Keep us posted.

Mike ODonnell
09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes irony is a life attribute for me....I strive for simplicity...but have ambitions that are beyond any normal daily workload....so now I try for the middle ground...I appreciate the kick in the ass....will actually make me get on it as who the hell even knew people were waiting for it? Ha.

Edward Friedman
09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, since you appreciate it, have another "kick". :)

(...or you can build interest as DeVaney does, by "promising" a book indefinitely:) )

As I'd mentioned in a post sometime ago, when I first noticed the link in your sig, I am looking forward to seeing your new site as well.

All the best,

Eddie

Eric Jones
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Agreed! Here's another Kick! When you have something great waiting, people will show up.

Mike ODonnell
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Between that and my new national fitness trainer business, my new goal is Friday to get a Beta site working.....so now that I said it....I have to do it!!! Crap!! Ha.

BTW would love any feedback on what people would want from it....IF and simplicity for health and longevity through fitness, nutrition and lifestyle are the goals. Daily blogs....and other things. Fart jokes optional.

Edward Friedman
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
... Fart jokes optional.

Intermittent Fart jokes.

Jeff Bearden
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
MOD,

What's up? Still waiting with great anticipation for that site to be up.

Kevin Perry
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
+1 Mod

Mike ODonnell
02-19-2008, 05:55 AM
My god....I have to blow the dust off this thread!! I know...I suck. But no more!!

Ok....its going up today. I finally stopped running around and made this a priority. It's going to hopefully cover lots of topics but mostly based around simplicity in health/fitness/life, intermittent fasting (of course) and a focus on happiness and longevity as well. Feel free to leave any comments on what you would like to see covered....as the experiment has officialy begun!

www.theiflife.com

Jane Michel
02-19-2008, 07:26 AM
o_O

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Mike ODonnell
02-19-2008, 07:44 AM
o_O

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

It's up and running....I was making alot of changes this morning so probably just tried to view it while it was updating....but it's there.

Kevin Perry
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Book Marked

Allen Yeh
02-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Added to my google reader.

Mike ODonnell
02-20-2008, 07:05 AM

Now i just need a 12yr kid intern to help me figure out all this Wordpress stuff! Ha.

Jane Michel
02-20-2008, 07:23 AM
It's up and running....I was making alot of changes this morning so probably just tried to view it while it was updating....but it's there.

Oooh got it! Bloglined!

Mike ODonnell
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM

expect 1-2 posts a week to start off....still have other projects that require my attention but I will put aside time to get hopefully quality content up.

Allen Yeh
02-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Sweet.

Edward Friedman
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
With sincere gratitude and respect...

How about some initial "bona fides" posts ? Who are you ? Why should a good faith reader care/trust what you have to say on this topic ? How did you get to the POV you advocate ? What theoretical/clinical / research results support/dispute your POV ? As to those that claim to effectively dispute, what problem(s) do you see in their analysis and/or practical appliction ? Why/how is the info and POV you offer a significant addition to the various web and other resources already available on the subject(s) discussed ?

IMHO, such postings will establish a solid foundation for all that follows.

I look forward to reading your blog. Best wishes for success with it.

Eddie

Steve Liberati
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Mr. ODonnell to the stand please...

Mike ODonnell
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Mr. ODonnell to the stand please...

Uh oh....I swear it wasn't me who did it....

Ok, I am trying to get all related important studies on IF and CR in one place (without going overboard)...so far have about 8 listed in the "resources" part of the site...if anyone knows of a study that I might have missed, please let me know...as I would like the big ones in one place for anyone to read about with reguards to IF/CR and health and longevity...nerdy enough for the experts, but also simple enough for anyone not familiar with IF...as there will be a large draw of that as well.