PDA

View Full Version : Omega-3 Mayo

Steve Liberati
09-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Ever take a look at the ingredients in a jar of regular Hellman's mayo. It's junk. Soybean oil, fillers, egg whites (although there is 0 grams of protein in it...not so sure what the heck they're talking about). So the other day I was skimming thru the recipe section of the Paleo diet and came across one for omega-3 mayo. All you have to do is combine an egg, 1/4 cup of olive, 1/4 cup of flax and some dry mustard...and voila! you have your own homemade, not to mention healthy mayonaise. Easy, tasty and good for you. Now I can just kick myself in the arse for not discovering this earlier....

Mike ODonnell
09-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Cool. Thanks!....Now off to the patent office to market my new product idea....hehehe....

Scott Kustes
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
MOD, you might to modify it a bit though. I'd go with 1/4c + 1 tsp of olive oil and 1/4c - 1 tsp of flax just to be safe. Wouldn't want people thinking you're stealing recipes.

John Vernon
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
SWEET!! I am definitely making this asap as I no longer have the ability to eat tuna or salmon straight out of the can. Avocados are pretty good but IMO mayo/mustard is better.

Mark Madonna
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Trader Joe's Mayo is made with Canola oil and eggs, it takes some getting used to because it tastes vinegary.

Mike ODonnell
09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
MOD, you might to modify it a bit though. I'd go with 1/4c + 1 tsp of olive oil and 1/4c - 1 tsp of flax just to be safe. Wouldn't want people thinking you're stealing recipes.

mine will have Guinness too....

John Alston
02-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Trader Joe's Mayo is made with Canola oil and eggs, it takes some getting used to because it tastes vinegary.

Thanks. I just picked up some hellman's today trying to add some calories to my diet and was saddened to soybean oil as the first ingredient. I'lll hunt down some TJ's.

Suzanne Buffie
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't tried this one yet, but this mayo is made based on the writings of Dr.Mary Enig. Coconut oil, olive oil, tahini ... certified organic

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Mayo16&Category_Code=NEW