PDA

View Full Version : paleo/gym/bj Shopping list - USA

Tony Ferous
09-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I live out in the wilds of Sydney, but im off the US(San Fran) soon for 2 weeks, i figure i should take advantage of the ultimate consumer society and great AU/USA exchange rates to satisfy my paleo/gym/bjj appetite!!

My shopping list so far:
Nike Frees(3) or maybe other five finger weird arse 'shoes';
Sigg ceramic water bottle(for coffee!);
Paralettes;
Set of rings(god know where ill manage to use these..);
Random nutritional supplements - ZMA, mirconized creatine, whatever else the aussie customs nazis will allow me to carry back;

Any tips on shops i can pick these up a good prices?
Ive been to whole earth and trader joes, both very paleo friendly.

Thanks as always!

Chris Forbis
09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I would just build some parallelettes with PVC...

Leo Soubbotine
09-22-2007, 08:26 AM
ZMA - you can make it on your own. Just get some B6, Zinc and Magnesium. For proper mix - check the premade ZMA and combine your stuff. Works very well.

Why not get some weightlifting shoes?

Kevin Perry
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I second what Chris Says, build some Parallettes with PVC, there are instructions on Crossfit and BeastSkills also has some good stuff.

Allen Yeh
09-26-2007, 03:43 AM
I live out in the wilds of Sydney, but im off the US(San Fran) soon for 2 weeks, i figure i should take advantage of the ultimate consumer society and great AU/USA exchange rates to satisfy my paleo/gym/bjj appetite!!

My shopping list so far:
Nike Frees(3) or maybe other five finger weird arse 'shoes';
Sigg ceramic water bottle(for coffee!);
Paralettes;
Set of rings(god know where ill manage to use these..);
Random nutritional supplements - ZMA, mirconized creatine, whatever else the aussie customs nazis will allow me to carry back;

Any tips on shops i can pick these up a good prices?
Ive been to whole earth and trader joes, both very paleo friendly.

Thanks as always!

-Have you used the Free's before? What will you primarily be using the shoe for just running or training? If both I'd consider getting the trainer because I've found the runners aren't all that great for lateral motion.
-Sigg coffee mug? I don't know about that but I was planning on getting a Sigg water bottle soon.
-Parallettes - Unless you have your heart set on buying some, the homemade is cheaper and can be done in Sydney
-Rings - I like the Elite rings but I heard there was some other type that is supposed to be decent too, powermax rings:
http://www.crossfitsocal.com/equipmentsales.htm

Grip stuff? From Ironmind
Stuff from EliteFTS or Ironwoody like a D-ball or elastic bands.

Supplement wise I think Vitamin Shoppes should be cheaper than a GNC or anything but ordering online would be a better bet.
-fish oil
-ZMA
-creatine
-BCAA's

Don Stevenson
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
You guys have obviously never tried to buy small quantities of PVC and elbows in Australia! The prices here make importing them from the States attractive!

Tony, we are thinking of trying to get some bulk PVC and stuff to make a bunch of sets of parrallettes in Sydney over summer. You're welcome to join the fun!

Allen Yeh
09-27-2007, 04:04 AM
You guys have obviously never tried to buy small quantities of PVC and elbows in Australia! The prices here make importing them from the States attractive!

I just assumed (in error) you could just pick it up at a local hardware store. Sorry about that!