PDA

View Full Version : PM WOD: Should I train easy on Saturday?

Martin Schap
09-25-2007, 05:33 PM
So I've been tapering this week, and I will max out my back squat on Friday, but my question is whether I should do an easy workout on Saturday or just not train at all?
So far this week I've done some easy one arm clean and presses and 7 rds of 7 pull-ups and light sandbag thrusters. Tomorrow I plan to do some easy one arm snatches and dumbbell bench, with Thursday off. If I train on Saturday it would likely just be kettlebell work and jogging, or maybe a simple circuit of kb swings, sledgehammer strikes and push-ups or burpees. Nothing too taxing. Option 1 would maybe take 20 minutes, while option 2 would likely take no more than 10.
I am honestly not sure I have the self-discipline to take two full days off right now, since I'm already really raring to go after just two easy days, but if that is the advice I'm given I will do my level best.

25yo male, usually get at least 7 hours of sleep, and diet is fairly dialed in. I will likely squat about 275-285 on Friday, and my recent training has been two heavy days and three metcons each week, with one heavy day devoted to O-lifts and the other day more slow lifts.

Martin Schap
09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
I got my answer, so no need to reply to this thread.