PDA

View Full Version : High carb/ Low fat is good for you!

Leo Soubbotine
10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Food for thought?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070928160756.htm

Some people just don't make sense.

Garrett Smith
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm totally positive that he went into his research with an open mind...[cough, cough].

Leo Soubbotine
10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
You don't really think he's also biased towards running and LSD as best excercise, do you?

Mike ODonnell
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah good for you if you want to lose muscle, age quicker, strip the body of nutrients/minerals, increase risk for heart disease, promote inflammation and die sooner. Rock on if that is your goal.....apparently it is his. Someone might want to tell him skinny people can die young too.

Patrick Donnelly
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Note: This story has been adapted from material provided by University of Virginia.

Hm, that's my 2nd choice college.

Hahaha?

Garrett Smith
10-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Patrick,
College is what you make it. Always remember that the information taught in institutions is AT LEAST 10 years old and typically seriously outdated.

Get the piece of paper (diploma) if it will help you do what you want to do. Enjoy undergrad, because post-college life can be a bitch. Oh yeah, nobody cares about your GPA after school, so have a good time while you're there (just pass your classes!).

I found that school simply gave me a foundation to go out and learn the "right" stuff on my own. Don't judge a school by one poor deluded soul...

Eric Jones
10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
"Gaesser also looked for a clear association between carbohydrate consumption and illnesses, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and cancer. He found no compelling evidence that avoiding carbohydrates with a high GI helps prevent these diseases and others. People with diabetes, as well as very sedentary women who are obese, may benefit from lowering their consumption of foods with a high GI, Gaesser says."

Just how many things are wrong with this paragraph?