PDA

View Full Version : Great Article on T-Nation

Dave Paton
10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do;jsessionid=CFC915FEE01446152EBA9FD0 22D17602.hydra?id=1746782

It talks about athletic training

Steven Low
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Not half bad. Guy likes his med balls which is cool.

The thing about a lot of strength and conditioning stuff is you just gotta be inventive and be able to make it fun at times. Otherwise it's hard to motivate athletes.

James Evans
10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I enjoyed both his articles. The link to the first one was duff though and took me into the reader's comments where we had the usual dropkicks complaining it sounded like CrossFit.

So if you don't inject horse drugs into your eyeballs and your idea of conditioning is raising a little more sweat than it takes to rub coconut oil and orange paint into your training partner's butt it's CrossFit?

I wonder how these guys reckon the US does so well at sport?

Leo Soubbotine
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I can't take T-nation seriously and Mike Boyle personally after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFHZ20s2Ho

"Examples of female athletes performing a very technical lift - the hang clean."

I didn't get whether it was the hang power clean or hang power donkey kick?

And a bunch of other things about S&C of hs and college athletes but I gotta run.

Robb Wolf
10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I enjoyed both his articles. The link to the first one was duff though and took me into the reader's comments where we had the usual dropkicks complaining it sounded like CrossFit.

So if you don't inject horse drugs into your eyeballs and your idea of conditioning is raising a little more sweat than it takes to rub coconut oil and orange paint into your training partner's butt it's CrossFit?

I wonder how these guys reckon the US does so well at sport?

It's funny that how bad a rap Crossfit has there yet how popular the 300 training vids were/are. T-baggers...yesh.

leo-
second that on the boyle Olift technique. One of the commenter's nailed the deficiencies. The girls look dialed on the technique they HAVE, it's just not that good.