PDA

View Full Version : Major and increasing cause of sickness--must read

Garrett Smith
10-26-2007, 07:31 AM
This is a great article on the largest and most insidious threat to our health today--radiation/EMF poisoning. Click through the single newsletter sign-up popup to read, I'd highly suggest forwarding this to everyone you know. WFS link.

The Radiation Poisoning Of America (http://www.worldhealth.net/p/the-radiation-poisoning-of-america.html)

I'd suggest we all take this very seriously, especially those of us who do a whole bunch in pursuit of health and never seem to get there. A simple solution for many of my patients' joint and gut problems has been to simply stop wearing their cell phones on their person.

Don't say you were never warned or that there is no research.

Greg Battaglia
10-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Interesting you should post this. I recently have been keeping my cell phone on the night stand next to my bed as an alarm clock to wake me for school. My sleep has been awful lately and I couldn't figure out why. I remember you saying something about removing all electronics from the room while sleep. I tried this (my cell phone was the only electronic in my room) and my sleep went back to normal. Pretty significant, I'd say.

Mike ODonnell
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
The sad part is that even though we can try and do what we can (keep electrical clocks and phones away from the bed while we sleep)....but EMF is going to be something you can not control.....WIFi everywhere (homes, businesses, public/county wide, etc...you can not hide from it as it will be everywhere)...Cell towers and cell phones....TV....computers....Internet ready car systems....Bluetooth (is that even safe?) everything.....mine as well move to a mountain but you probably get good cell and wireless connection there as well. Not sure this is one battle that can be won unless of course you convince everyone to stop using Wireless communication devices and restructure the business dependancy and social impact of wireless devices....no shot in hell....as I type this from my laptop on my lap using WiFi connection....goodbye healthy sperm....

Troy Archie
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
hmmm, I've been having problems with my right hip the last while. I keep my mobile phone in my right pocket. I'm going to put it in my back pack and see what happens...

Garrett Smith
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Good observation, Greg.

Phones that are on are constantly transmitting and receiving--not all the time, but in bursts. It affects all of us, some of us are more sensitive (I believe it is more that some are more open to the signals the body sends).

I just saw that the government can now turn cell phone microphones on remotely so that they can listen in on conversations--see http://www.news.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html for more. Have to remove the battery to stop that one.

Maybe that's why I like going to my parents' house so much--they have bad cell phone reception up there!

Garrett Smith
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
I've personally had hip pain the day after wearing a cell phone in my pocket for about 6 hours. No cell phone, no hip pain. Maybe you'll be as lucky.

Mike ODonnell
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I personally like the "detachment" aspect of not carrying around a cell phone on my belt at all time....just leave it in my car....at home on a table....in my briefcase....let my voicemail say that I do not carry my phone with me so leave a message....everyone can be called back in my opinion plus it gets all the useless "Hey what's up" time killing conversations out as I have more important things to do.....even if that is doing nothing just so I can focus on my own personal goals.

Kevin Perry
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I never get a good nights rest but I always have my phone near me on the night stand as well as the laptop. I think I'll remove everythign and see how that affects my sleep. Maybe it can fix the issue.

Scott Kustes
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Re: Dr G's article about remote mic-activation.

Helloooooooo 1984! Just remember...if you're not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't matter to you.

Steve Liberati
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Just gotta have my cell phone (or do I?) and wireless internet connection. But the microwave in the kitchen?...well that is a whole different story. I would have toss that "thing" long ago (with the toaster) if it wasn't for my wife saving its life. Might surprise her one day as she comes home and suddenly sees all the extra counter space we have. ha!

Mike ODonnell
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I never get a good nights rest but I always have my phone near me on the night stand as well as the laptop. I think I'll remove everythign and see how that affects my sleep. Maybe it can fix the issue.

I'll have to check the GF for EMF leakage....may explain my lack of good sleep...and perhaps it can also explain where all my money has gone too....

Troy Archie
10-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Something interesting I just thought of;

I don't wear wrist watches because they make my wrist really sore. I realized this about 5 years ago and since then I've been wearing a pocket watch. I've had problems with stiffness in my right hamstring leading to tendonitis and lately a bit of a nagging in my right hip. I wear my pocket watch on my right side. Time for an experiment...

Chris Forbis
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM

I don't wear wrist watches because they make my wrist really sore. I realized this about 5 years ago and since then I've been wearing a pocket watch. I've had problems with stiffness in my right hamstring leading to tendonitis and lately a bit of a nagging in my right hip. I wear my pocket watch on my right side. Time for an experiment...

Get one that you have to wind. They are classier anyhow.

Steven Low
10-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Yeah actually I was wearing a wrist watch a couple years back and I kept getting rashes right where the watch was. I thought it was just from the friction of the watch on my wrist, but it didn't go away for a while like friction usually does. If it was low level radiation poisoning that could definitely explain it.

Steve Liberati
10-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Between chemical poisoning and radiation poisoning, humans are doomed. Hate to be pesstimistic but the sad fact is majority of people could care less, until it is too late or they are directly affected.

Actually just finished watching an episode on cnn about the young boy who underwent a chemical testing and very high levels of various chemicals were found in his body. Just sad how much we underestimate these health concerns as a society.

Mike ODonnell
10-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Between chemical poisoning and radiation poisoning, humans are doomed. Hate to be pesstimistic but the sad fact is majority of people could care less, until it is too late or they are directly affected.

Actually just finished watching an episode on cnn about the young boy who underwent a chemical testing and very high levels of various chemicals were found in his body. Just sad how much we underestimate these health concerns as a society.

Yep....doomed...somewhere I see a whole fleet of aliens...one asks "When do we invade"....the other says "Just sit back, they will take care of themselves..."

Also lest we not forget the massive amounts of radiation we get from CT/X-ray/MRI scans that doctors dish out like candy......and those full body scan CT centers....Hmmmmm...let's scan for cancer and single dose you with 1000x the amount of radiation you should be exposed to in your lifetime....this is health care??
Whole body CT screening exposes you to radiation levels that are 500 to 1000 times as high as those of a routine chest X-ray, and increases your risk of developing radiation-induced cancer.

Scott Kustes
10-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Mike, you just reminded me of one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes strips (http://www.geocities.com/jinx_lunatic/Calvin-intelligent-life.jpg).

The stuff about x-rays was definitely on my mind when they were x-raying my shoulder. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Greg Davis
10-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Cheer up guys we also have so many positives going for us.

Insane variety of fruits and vegetables available, grass-fed meats, IF, incredibly fine-tuned workout strategies, health care (Canadian) or insurance.

The most powerful tool available to mankind: the placebo effect. Think healthy, be healthy.

Garrett Smith
10-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Greg,
That is true and it only goes so far.

Dogs seem to be the happiest creatures around, and I don't know that they ever "worry" about anything other than getting punished for breaking a rule.

Feed them wrong or poison them, they still get sick.

I'm in the business of optimistic healthcare and even I have to admit that this could be why my most disciplined patients still aren't getting better.

A happy, healthy person getting microwaved is still going to get cooked.

Mike ODonnell
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Cheer up guys we also have so many positives going for us.

Insane variety of fruits and vegetables available, grass-fed meats, IF, incredibly fine-tuned workout strategies, health care (Canadian) or insurance.

The most powerful tool available to mankind: the placebo effect. Think healthy, be healthy.

I am positive...positive we are doomed! Ha....Nah....it's all good just need to inform people to really not accept everything as safe and to make up their own minds about health....unfortunately that is not the case as most all people trust the govt and doctors to tell them everything....and we wonder why obesity and every other disease is on the rapid increase....time for a new outlook.....that and just because man/industry makes and sells it doesn't mean is safe or wont cause long term damage...plastics, artificial sweetners, drugs, lead paint, etc..etc...etc....

Its really scary to consider what is really "safe" by govt standards....and by that time it has already done the damage. The body is amazing and smarter than we will ever be...so thankfully it can handle a good amount of crap we put into it...unfortunately that daily level of toxins/EMF/and other destructive elements are increasing daily....and the body will only want to handle so much before health turns in the wrong direction.

Yael Grauer
10-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I had to buy a new telephone the other day and I kept seeing all these warnings about how the phones had lead in them which causes birth defects and cancer. I was wondering just how MUCH lead there is and which land line phones DON'T have lead and how to protect yourself.

Garrett Smith
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
As if the radiation from cell phones and towers isn't bad enough...now there is the
"toxic" iPhone (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3736524&page=1)

Yael, wish I could help you on that one. My initial suggestion is to avoid eating or licking any internal parts of your new phone. :-)

Another crisis averted. Whew.

Mike ODonnell
10-28-2007, 02:33 PM
I had to buy a new telephone the other day and I kept seeing all these warnings about how the phones had lead in them which causes birth defects and cancer. I was wondering just how MUCH lead there is and which land line phones DON'T have lead and how to protect yourself.

2 tin cans and a long string.....

Yael Grauer
10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
And here I though the European Union ordered manufacturers to reduce lead in phones for a reason...

Mike, but what's in the tin? ;)

Allen Yeh
10-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Helloooooooo 1984! Just remember...if you're not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't matter to you.

To this I say so 24 hour videotaping/recording of everyone's daily activities would be ok? Since only people doing something bad wouldn't want that?

Scott Kustes
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Allen, that was sarcasm, aimed at the people that think it's ok for the government to wiretap whomever they desire because only those doing something wrong have anything to worry about. ;)

Allen Yeh
10-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Allen, that was sarcasm, aimed at the people that think it's ok for the government to wiretap whomever they desire because only those doing something wrong have anything to worry about. ;)

Sorry about that Scott, I actually work with people that think that exact thing.

Mike ODonnell
10-29-2007, 09:29 AM

They must not be tapping me cause I tried to order a pizza by yelling at the phone across the room after the sox won the series.....I never got my pizza...

Mike, but what's in the tin? ;)

Silly Yael....take the beans out of the can first.....it works so much better....shessshhhhh

John Alston
10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I will now start wrapping my phone in tin foil in my pockets.

Jordan Glasser
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
On the day I was researching when and if the Iphone is coming to canada, I read this thread. It's truely scary. I've always felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, only to grab it and realize it was all in my head. But was it? I always feel it in my IT band, I can sense energy traveling up and down. I know I won't be carrying my phone on me as much as I used to. As for the watch, same experiences, don't wear one.

It never fails, this forum always seems to coincide with my life.....

A 2 week period away from work, followed by another 2 week period of regular sleep. (Hello sleeping pattern, hello LIGHTS OUT)

2 Weeks of no cell phone in my pocket.

4 weeks of no internet by my side 24 hours a day.

4 weeks of strict grassfed meats

All this has added up to a euphoric feeling I've been striving for at least 2 years now. Hockey season just started, and I have boundless energy. High intensity workouts are no problem. They all end with the feeling that I could do it again. Squatting and olympic lifting is fun again. I wish I could bottle this feeling!

I do know I won't be getting a fancy new phone. But it is scary, there is so much effort within this community spent on being healthy, yet something so ordinary in today's society, like carrying a cell phone around, could be so damaging. One thing's for sure, I am grateful for information shared here, even if I am only online once every couple of days to read it! I can't wait to disconnect myself from the need to always be connected.

I have missed checking this forum daily......

Garrett Smith
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Jordan,

All I can say is kudos on your efforts. You are reaping the rewards.

Mike ODonnell
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Mike, you just reminded me of one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes strips (http://www.geocities.com/jinx_lunatic/Calvin-intelligent-life.jpg).

http://www.newstarget.com/cartoons/aliens_planet_600.jpg

Scotty Hagnas
10-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Wow. I've had that feeling of my phone vibrating many times when it hasn't been in my pocket.

No more!

Scott Kustes
10-31-2007, 06:04 AM
I've had the feeling of it vibrating when it was in my pocket, but wasn't vibrating. Weirdities!

Nikki Young
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
The other day i went to the Australian Mint (where they make money) to catch up with a client, and i parked in the visitor parking outside the building, but my car wouldn't lock, like the key wasn't registering, i went around my car closing every door to make sure they where closed properly (even though i knew they where) and i started the engine again and then went to lock it, but not even the lights flashed. So i was thinking the battery in my keys must have died or something. But then when i got home my car locked fine and did so all of the following day. I didn't think anything of it until 2days later when i went back to thr mint and my car wouldn't lock again. I asked my client if there was electricity thing around the car park, she said she didn't know what went in there but around the corner was this massive chemical thing.

Made me wonder what it was doing to my body standing there :S

Garrett Smith
11-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Nikki, that's pretty scary, actually. I'd avoid that area if I were you (I'm sure you're thinking the same thing).

Kevin Perry
11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
you know, I was out at dinner earlier tonight with a group of friends and we started talking and I was checking my phone and brought this discussion up with them. Asked them if they ever felt the area where they normally store their phone vibrate or itch or whatever and many of them said yes even when they didn't have their phone with them. They were actually very interested in it.

chris hill
11-26-2007, 06:03 AM
yet another reason why i'm glad i embrassed the "man-bag"

Jordan Glasser
11-26-2007, 08:01 AM
yet another reason why i'm glad i embrassed the "man-bag"

Don't you mean "The European Carry-all?"

Garrett Smith
11-26-2007, 09:50 AM
For you all who have blogs and are reading this, please post it so that others can be exposed to this...

Robert Allison
11-29-2007, 11:24 AM
A little late to this thread...

Garrett, what are your thoughts on the Q-Link (http://www.q-linkproducts.com/) and similar products that claim to neutralize EMF's? Also, not to go all mystical on you, but do you think that Qigong and other types of "energy" exercises can modulate the effects of EMF's?

I will certainly put this on our blog...

Garrett Smith
11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Robert,
I'm not sure what to say on the Q-link. My wife got one from a friend and wore it for a little while--she said she didn't feel anything, she also got a skin irritation from the included chain. Since she's not really wearing it anymore, I'm going to try it out, wearing it in my front pocket.

My opinion at this point is that re-balancing types of energetic modalities, be it the Q-link or Qigong, are helpful while they are worn or done. As soon as they're stopped, the disruptive effects of the EMF will settle in again.

Put bluntly, do I think that a cell phone antenna worker wearing a Q-link and practicing Qigong daily will be protected from the massive EMFs that they have to walk into every day? Hardly, but they'll do better than someone who isn't doing anything to protect or re-balance themselves.

There is also the "intention" part of these devices. Having the intention of protecting oneself could be very beneficial--so could the idea that the EMFs are harmful having quite a strong negative effect.