PDA

View Full Version : where to buy a cheap ab roller in oz

Tony Ferous
11-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Don(cos i know you live round here) or others,

Where can i but a cheap ab roller round these parts?

Thanks!
Tony.

Mike ODonnell
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
If you have one already...use a barbell with 2 small (10lb) plates on the ends.

Ben Langford
11-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Picked up one for around eight bucks at Big W in Canberra.
Had it for three years and despite heavy use - I frequently wear a weight vest when performing a roll out - it looks almost identical to when I bought it.

Tony Ferous
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Ben, thanks, will try!

Mike, yeah, not enough room!! Just want to train abs in my room before work, i always run out of time to do them during my gym workout.

Don Stevenson
11-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Tony, I got mine for about $15 from a sports store in the city. Place like rebel, Big W and K mart will normally have them for under $20

Tony Ferous
12-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Aha, found one! 20 bucks at fitness something in bondi. Rebel sports only had crapola ab 'roller' contraptions.

Any ab roller routines out there? I dont want to but any dragon door books!
Ive done some 'rolling out' to the side for the obliques...

Ive found it makes for a good 15 minutes am workout before work, supersets of ab roller with chinups! Get pumped for the day!

Dean Saunders
03-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Go to Supercheap auto for a heavy duty trolley wheel and hose clamps, some duct tape and a piece of steel rod from a boilermaker to go through the centre of the wheel, hose clamps to hold it in place and duct tape for grip. A cheap ab wheel that is indestructable. I used to have an ab wheel that I bought from K-mart and was starting to work my way up to standing wheel rollouts when it broke. Just dented the pride a little and some bark off my arms but now my custom made wheel is still going strong 12 months after construction and will for years

Brian Lawyer
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
You live in the land of Oz? Like with the munchkins and witches. Cool!

Dean Saunders
03-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Yep, fraid so... Got to watch out for those damn munchkins at the gym, always using the Squat racks to do behind the back wrist curls with the only decent bar in the gym then checking that their abs are still there after each set! And dont get me started about the witches:mad:

Don Stevenson
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Dean, Where are you located?

Might be able to steer you in the direction of some not so tragic gyms :)

And good to see another aussie here

Dean Saunders
03-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Hi Don,
I'm up in Mount Isa, Far north QLD, The only gym that allows oly lifting in town is the PCYC and thats because we talked the manager into letting us start there. And the only proper oly bar we have is a womens bar, it's kinda annoying to go to do a workout to find the bar is being used by some bench press fanatic "because the bar feels nice and doesnt hurt his hands"!!! Apart from that I occasionally work out at home because I've got a few toys and some heavy dummbells to play with:)

we do the best we can with what we got:o

Don Stevenson
03-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Ah well you should be able to get some good tyres and crap for strongman training up there

Dean Saunders
03-12-2009, 05:01 AM
There is stuff available all over. From super size chains with links the size of footballs to dump truck tyres. Just built myself a sled out of old conveyor belt (posted details on sled topic) and its a winner... Just finding places to do training and people to do it with is the hard thing

Oh well