PDA

View Full Version : DeVany and Robb as to relevance of nutrition

Jane Michel
11-05-2007, 03:52 AM
http://www.arthurdevany.com/2007/11/robb_wolfs_repo_1.html

Robb - 3 months of Paleo created that big of a change?! Wow.

Steve Liberati
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Robb knows what he's doing. Nuff said!

Jay Cohen
11-05-2007, 05:24 AM
Rob;

Very well done.

Please keep up posted on your pending new books.

Mike ODonnell
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Who is this Robb fellow we speak of??

It's amazing to see the affects of just diet change on someone...less puffiness...less distended stomach looks...basicallys all signs of ill health go away. I've seen plenty of people do workouts like crazy and wonder why they see no results because they didn't change their eating...and then people who can drop major lbs with no exercises but all dietary changes.

Great testimonial pics Robb....people need the visualization to comprehend it as all this has been said before...but no one listens...because of the huge push by the mass "idiot" media to "exercise more" as the solution.

Kevin Perry
11-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I love reading stuff like this. It's so interesting about the affect diet plays in body composition and how simple changes can have enormous impacts. Good job Rob.

Steve Liberati
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh the other thing....please please don't sell those before/after pics to a muscle mag. I know you won't, Rob, but just felt like I had to remind you lol.

Boy would ephredrine or muscle max (or whatever BS supplemnt co.) just salivate over those pics. "In only 6 weeks, see the miraculous transformation with product X. Here is the before and after pictures! "

Mike ODonnell
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
from Robb's response
The after photos are three months later and show the results of 5-6 days/week of paleo/EF eating added to the 2 days per week of training. No calorie level was set, Shawn and Chrissy ate what they wanted from meats, fish, chicken seasonal fruits and veggies.
only 2x a week....training is not the major factor then? Hmmmmmm......

We had two cyclists who were woefully over trained. One guy rode up to 200 miles per week and had about 22% body fat and terrible on bike performance. His friend was new to cycling and actually complied with our recommendations to decrease training volume and shift to paleo foods. Our compliant cyclist ended up at about 6% body fat and pretty impressive performance both on and off the bike. The other guy made little or no progress of any kind and is now doing a program of “sport specific knee extensions and hamstring curls.” If hell exists it will be me coaching cyclists for eternity.
I agreee on the hell part....as I get the obsessive jogger crowd...Ugh...

Either way....we live in a society...I mean economy...that strives on pushing exercise more and selling more supplements and sports recovery drinks. More is better....because we should all train like NFL wide receivers...results...over trained, aged, deconditioned, sick and obese population with large increases in heart disease and cancers.

Robb Wolf
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the prop's y'all!
It is stunning in my mind how little influence the exercise had in the first photos. Interesting point: No protein powders, potions pills or other shit.

Now the T-bag crowd will croon that Shawn is still skinny. We are upping his food and he is adding some more mass but it is a daunting amount of food to get much of a budge...that is also telling. And how much fun is life being tied to an every 2 hrs feeding schedule? It's neurotic. If that is what one wants, go for it but both Shawn and Chrissy have some damn good performance, look great and do not live and die by their meal schedule.

Mike ODonnell
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Now the T-bag crowd will croon that Shawn is still skinny.

Wont matter when he outlives them all by about 40 years with his original set of joints, liver and kidneys and doesn't need medicine to keep him moving and alive.

Scott Clark
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Wont matter when he outlives them all by about 40 years with his original set of joints, liver and kidneys and doesn't need medicine to keep him moving and alive.

Well said MOD. So many lose sight of what's really important.

William Hunter
11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
T-baggers would have to look up croon in the dictionary before they could croon :)

Excellent write up Robb. Really good stuff. Citing the increases in performance are of course essential, but visuals really nail the points home.