PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea- Devany comment

Greg Davis
11-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone catch this comment from Devany about green tea?

http://www.arthurdevany.com/2007/11/poor_eating_and_1.html

"Take note of the issue with green tea. It is known that the source of green tea is a region of China that produces tea that is high in sulphur and other allergenic substances. I wouldn't drink it myself."

Thoughts?

Kevin Perry
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I drink Green Tea all the time and have never run into any issues. It has completely replaced soda and diet soda. I can honestly say since going on paleoish foods and adding green tea that I have had no issues with alerigies or other sicknesses.

I don't think it will stop me from drinking it but I wouldn't mind reading any thing else he or anyone may have on i'll affects of green tea. In fact I started drinking it because people recommended it so much.

Mike ODonnell
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Once he starts attacking Guinness...then he has gone too far....

Steve Liberati
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I missed the part where the guy said he drank a green tea from a certain region in China. I just read green tea. Then paleogirl in the comments suggested organic green tea as a subsitute. Is someone playing a trick on me ha?

Troy Archie
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
This does raise the question about the sketchy food and products coming out of China though. It wouldn't surprise me if tea was one of the first things they started to use all sorts of funky stuff on to increase yeilds to meet demand.

They like there tea there...

Tony Ferous
11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah id avoid Chinese food products. Especially chow mein!
Seriously i wont eat those Goji berries any more.

Go organic for green tea to avoid pesticides. Green tea is very high in flouride i think though whatever the source, i do drink 1-2 cups per day though.

Not sure about De vanys sulphur comment, its an essential mineral.

Garrett Smith
11-06-2007, 05:33 AM
I only suggest organic green tea for those who want to drink it.

Tony, I don't do goji berries either, but I don't do them because they fall in the nightshade family.

Yael Grauer
11-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I would like to see his references for sulphur and allergenics in the region in China where tea is grown. First of all, most green tea sold in the US actually comes from South America. Second of all, in China there are over 50,000 producers of tea from one end of the Yangtze river to the other, and I seriously doubt they are ALL high in allergenics. Since tea is grown in unpolluted, mountainous areas away from factories, highways, cities and cotton areas I am skeptical.