PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. Bodybuilding.com

Kevin Perry
12-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Apparently fish oil is bad for you now...

..best to just stay out of there discussion and save myself the trouble.

And yes, it's 4:00 a.m. and I have nothing better to do.

Steve Liberati
12-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Just look at the source. Enough said.

Arden Cogar Jr.
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Have to agree with Allen completely on this.

I have migrated away from the bodybuilding boards and more to the fitness oriented boards the past few years. What I've found, and I kid you not, is that bodybuilding boards focus more on drugs and supplements. Wheres the fitness boards I've become part of focus more on food and overall health.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I find this move perfectly suiting my recent change in wisdom.

with that said, there's still a lot of the bodybuilder in me lashing out wanting to do a curl, but in reality I'd be better served grabbing two 24kg kettlebells and doing a three minute set at 10 to 12 reps per minute.

It's good for the soul. And the heart. And the joints.

All the best,
Arden

Allen Yeh
01-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Who me? I didn't even respond yet...

Steve Liberati
01-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Good post Arden.

I'm sure the other reason fish oil doesn't get much respect on that board is b/c if it doesn't deliver instant, visible results (muscles overnight) like say it creatine or muscletech, its not really worth their time.

Bet half of the people over there never even heard of Pubmed before. Doesn't matter much anyway - they're loss.

Arden Cogar Jr.
01-17-2008, 06:34 AM

Sorry....I meant Steve. :D

All the best,
Arden

Kevin Perry
01-17-2008, 06:38 AM

Everyone wants to quote or agree with you Allen. Your a celebrity here.

BTW... I dislike BB.com....

John Alston
01-17-2008, 06:47 AM
I can say that bodybuilding.com has a fast shipping and decent customer service, so the store element, while predictably geared toward what you would expect, is pretty decent.

I remember this article I got to once, someone linked me there, and it's a cool interview with Glenn Pendlay.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_1.htm
More interviews like this would be welcome, on any site.
I don't go to the forums.