PDA

View Full Version : Combining Paleo and Zone

Shawn Lawlor
12-30-2007, 07:40 AM
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I remember reading an article (in PM or CFJ) where a combining of Paleo and Zone were discussed. I believe it was written by Robb Wolf, but I might be wrong. Does anyone know what issue that article was in?

Thanks for help in advance,

Shawn

Derek Weaver
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Shawn, you may be looking for Robb's article on "42 Ways to Skin the Zone" that talks about modifying the Zone to suit you best.

If you're looking for ways to combine Zone with Paleo, there are a lot of interesting takes over at the CF forum. Personally, I think that it's not that hard to keep things paleo/zone. Not sure if this is what you're getting at though.

Neill Smith
02-01-2008, 09:04 AM
I was just about to post a thread on this; so I hope this isn't a hijack.

I've been mostly Paleo for several years, occasionally zone, and never both. The problem that I have is getting enough carbs. I know this topic has been discussed extensively, and I've read many of those threads without getting a good answer.

If you don't eat a lot of fruit or sweet potatoes, is it realistic to hit target CHO intake with a pure Paleo zone? How?

Thanks in advance.

Robb Wolf
02-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Neil-
It's super tough to do with just greens. Yams, sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots...you need to go with some more dense sources to really pull it off.