PDA

View Full Version : Mental Strength

Tom Rawls
01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Aimee--

Your article on this topic was of great interest to me. If one thing has undermined my athletic career, it is an erratic mind.

I wonder whether you would be willing both to describe a bit more specifically how your head let you down and also the exercises, games, or thought processes you have used to bolster your mind.

I ask because I've got a race coming up in about 6 weeks, and my training is not going well. My confidence is draining, and I'm looking for a path to a fresh and more sanguine outlook.

Hope the lifting is going well.

Tom

Kevin Perry
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
+1 Excellent article Aimee,

props to Greg on the weightlifting and CF article too. Im definitely incorporating that after SS is finished .

James Hall
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Aimee and Greg,

Great article! I, too, am interested to know the mental techniques you used. This is one of the best issues yet!

James

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this post until today. Hopefully all of your questions will be answered in parts two and/or three of the article in upcoming issues.
Tom, if you cannot wait for the next part of the article in next months issue, please email me.
aimee@aimeeanaya.com

Derek Simonds
01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Well now I guess I have something to look forward to in the next 2 issues.

Tom Rawls
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Aimee--

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll wait to read the next article. Meantime, I'm chugging along, no doubt trying to do too many things and definitely not doing any one of them as well as I would like.

Allen Yeh
03-05-2008, 09:45 AM
A bump for Aimee's article in the March PM.

My problem:
It's one thing in your brain to know how to relax and another to actually use it when you should.

Something to work on, thanks for the article.