PDA

View Full Version : Do win, Adidas, or Werksaw

Kevin Perry
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Which brand would be better for a first pair of Oly shoes?

Eric Jones
01-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I love my Do-Wins!

Kim Dowse
01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Kevin - my first pair were the red suede Do Wins. Got them from Glenn Pendlay. They were a bit to high in the heel for me. They have a really nice roomy toe box.

My current pair are the Adidas Adistar...I LOVE them. They are a bit narrower than the Do Wins. I bought them off of the USA Weightlifting site.

Jay Cohen
01-10-2008, 02:31 AM
For the price and as my "first" shoes, you can't beat the VS Athletics.
Run true to size.

Allen Yeh
01-10-2008, 04:45 AM
I love my Do-wins as well. If you choose to go with those you should probably give Glenn Pendlay a call to ask about sizing.

Eric Jones
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I would recommend a half size smaller than what you normally wear on the street to ensure a snug fit.

Everyone who wears lifting shoes at Rogue Fitness wears Do-Wins, including several who switched from Adidas shoes. I personally think you can't beat the look, feel, comfort, and performance for the price and support from Glenn Pendlay.

We sell the Do-Wins in our store here direct from Glenn: http://www.roguefitness.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=133

And here's some inside scoop...we have BLACK suede Rogue Edition Do-Wins coming in February!

Derek Simonds
01-11-2008, 05:54 AM
I have the Do-Wins and have to agree the sizing is a little big so order smaller.

Kevin Perry
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I would recommend a half size smaller than what you normally wear on the street to ensure a snug fit.

Everyone who wears lifting shoes at Rogue Fitness wears Do-Wins, including several who switched from Adidas shoes. I personally think you can't beat the look, feel, comfort, and performance for the price and support from Glenn Pendlay.

We sell the Do-Wins in our store here direct from Glenn: http://www.roguefitness.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=133

And here's some inside scoop...we have BLACK suede Rogue Edition Do-Wins coming in February!

awesome... I'll have to get some Do-wins then. A lot cheaper than the 199 adidas pair.

Chris Lampe
01-13-2008, 05:43 AM
I have the red suede Do-Wins and love them! I have specific needs (wide 4EE feet and bad ankle flexibility) so the wider toe box and higher heel are advantageous to me. Glenn was very helpful in listening to my needs and recommending the best shoe.

Ryan Holmes
01-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Just got a pair of the VS shoes. I hear they are the same last and heel height as the Do-Wins. I have developed a bit of pain just below the kneecap of my right knee. I suspect the height of the heel may be the cause, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I am doing starting strength, Squats deads, bench, power clean, and presses. I am guessing it is the squats. Also, does anyone have experience with alterring their shoes for a shorter leg?

sarena kopciel
01-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I have been wearing DoWins for months now. With my recent USAW membership, there was an offer for the Adidas for an awesome discount. I took the bait and LOVE them. Not only the sleekness but for comfort and performance. They are a bit snug, which I feel is advantageous! Also my coach feels they are a better shoe for my physique since I have shorter femurs. My friend who has long femurs (she is quite tall and lean too) wanted to change to Adidas from DoWins and was told the higher heel of the DoWins is better for her!

Kevin Perry
01-29-2008, 10:47 AM
how was the sizing for your shoes Sarena?

Paul Findley
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I got the same sized adistar as my running shoe. 1/2 size smaller would have been better, I cannot tell you if a full size would have worked, as I am only on pair #1. (I run in a Brooks 12.5)

sarena kopciel
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I ended up with a bit smaller (.5) size than my dowins since the larger size up wasnt available. It was stiff adn a bit snug initially. Its great now about 2 weeks later!

Robert McBee
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I have the Adidas Ironworks IIs and really like them. I got them for free so no complaints on price and I haven't tried the other brands to compare but they've been great shoes to lift in. Step up from the old wingtip dress shoes I was using. I went a 1/2 size smaller too and it proved to be a good decision.