PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in Arizona

Michael Miller
01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Has anyone here had experience with Josh Henkin of Innovative Fitness Solutions, or Troy Anderson from Blue Collar Athlete? Was thinking of trying a few sessions with them if the price is right.

Mike

Mike ODonnell
01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Buy a couple sessions...and I am sure you will find out if they are any good. Never ever sign up for more sessions....as trainers who sells those huge session packages are more scam artists then good trainers. Try as many trainers as you can...as you will find out who is good by comparison to other trainers too.

Garrett Smith
01-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Josh Henkin is an awesome trainer and a good guy. I know him through Z-Health seminars, strong as heck and smart too.

Never met Troy.

Michael Miller
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Mike & Doc G, thanks for the info. I just got a response back from Josh at IFS... they give a free consultation then charge $35 per half hour session. I'll probly go ahead and give it a try.

Garrett Smith
01-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Michael,
Ken Urakawa of CF Southwest is another good Phoenix-area trainer, also a member of this forum.

Michael Miller
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks, i'll try a session or two with Josh and see how i like it, then possibly talk with Ken as well. From the sound of it it seems like Josh does alot of stuff similar to Ross Enamait.

Ken Urakawa
01-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Josh and Troy are both solid guys, and I would have no problem recommending to anyone to go work with either of them. Josh is further north in Scottsdale, Troy is down in Tempe (Baseline/101 area)--I'd see who was closer. They're both similar in their approaches, and have worked together on several things. You really can't go wrong.

Good luck!

And if you're near ASU, look us up anytime.

Ken

Michael Miller
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi Ken, thanks alot, i have heard nothing but good about both those guys. I may stop by your place sometime as well...i am living in Gilbert right now.

Mike