PDA

View Full Version : Women's Singlets

sarena kopciel
01-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best, most comfortable and also flattering women's competition singlets? I have seen these (link wfs)
http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/ (adidas atenus) but was wondering if anyone has a better suggestion! I am medium build I guess, 63kg weightclass, masters division!

Allison Barns
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't have any suggestions on where to buy one. When I bought mine I was lucky enough to find a distributor relatively close to me where I could go and try on several. The advice I can give you has to do with the - uh - delicate question of what to wear under it as singlets are quite form fitting :o . One of my fellow female lifters said that most ladies she knows wear "UnderArmour" underwear and I found that this was good advice :) .

sarena kopciel
01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't have any suggestions on where to buy one. When I bought mine I was lucky enough to find a distributor relatively close to me where I could go and try on several. The advice I can give you has to do with the - uh - delicate question of what to wear under it as singlets are quite form fitting :o . One of my fellow female lifters said that most ladies she knows wear "UnderArmour" underwear and I found that this was good advice :) .

Thanks! Underarmour for the top and bottom??

Allison Barns
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Whatever you are most comfortable lifting in for the top (athletic or regular bra). The UnderArmour was the suggestion for avoiding those unsightly panty lines :o. You've got enough to worry about when you step out on the platform without having that concern!

sarena kopciel
01-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Whatever you are most comfortable lifting in for the top (athletic or regular bra). The UnderArmour was the suggestion for avoiding those unsightly panty lines :o. You've got enough to worry about when you step out on the platform without having that concern!

Yeah thanks! Oh and my coach who is the most awesome is moving to Seattle in a few months. Check him out: http://www.next-step-conditioning-systems.com/about-israel-sanchez.html
Coach Izzy, I am so sad you are relocating!! But of course wish him the best!
w/f/s

Jay Cohen
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Any large sporting goods (Dicks)store might sell wrestling singlets or try:

http://www.werksanusa.com/products.asp?dept=14

sarena kopciel
01-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Any large sporting goods (Dicks)store might sell wrestling singlets or try:

http://www.werksanusa.com/products.asp?dept=14
Thanks Jay but that doesnt look too flattering for a woman Jay!

Jay Cohen
01-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Thanks Jay but that doesnt look too flattering for a woman Jay!

Singlets are singlets, relatively all the same at the meets I've been to.

You want something from Victoria Secrets or something that works?

sarena kopciel
01-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Singlets are singlets, relatively all the same at the meets I've been to.

You want something from Victoria Secrets or something that works?

ok ok! Something hat works as long as mu whole body aint too much on display!!

Paul Findley
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
USAW member? They have the adidas for $75.

Now, what to do with that mental image of the Victoria Secret's Angels performing oly lifts...

Greg Everett
01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Sarena -

You're not going to get any relief from the pain of wearing a singlet. Search all you want - they're all essentially the same. Consider it part of the mental toughness aspect of the sport. You have to be able to walk onto the platform and have people know that if they give you shit for your silly outfit, you'll punch them in the teeth.

sarena kopciel
01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Sarena -

You're not going to get any relief from the pain of wearing a singlet. Search all you want - they're all essentially the same. Consider it part of the mental toughness aspect of the sport. You have to be able to walk onto the platform and have people know that if they give you shit for your silly outfit, you'll punch them in the teeth.

Awesome!! Looking forward to your mental toughness over the weekend!

Allison Barns
01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah thanks! Oh and my coach who is the most awesome is moving to Seattle in a few months. Check him out: http://www.next-step-conditioning-systems.com/about-israel-sanchez.html
Coach Izzy, I am so sad you are relocating!! But of course wish him the best!
w/f/s

Sarena,

Why is he moving here? (Well, there is the lure of great coffee ;) ).

And I'll second what Greg said.

sarena kopciel
01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Well I am all set. Went ahead with my USAW membership, ordered singlet and new Adistar shoes (gonna upgrade from my DoWins) and sent check for my first meet (local on Feb 3). I am ready to face that platform!!;)

Kim Dowse
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
S - which Victoria's Secret singlet did you end up buying:rolleyes: I LOVE my Adistars. The Do-wins were just alittle bit too wide and too high for me.

Hope all goes well at doc appt on Thursday.

Dave Paton
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Can you wear a track (sprinters) singlet to actually compete in? Is this acceptable?

I like my blue suede Werksans. Plus, the old-school European lifters think they are cool.

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Dave,
Many people do wear track singlets. I know that some weight lifters order them from www.elite-sportswear.com (under running apparel)

Dave Paton
01-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Aimee,

Cool, thanks. I know there are websites where you can make your own combination of colors and what not.

Derek Simonds
01-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Dave,
Many people do wear track singlets. I know that some weight lifters order them from www.elite-sportswear.com (under running apparel)

Aimee I am not sure about that link it took me to a landing page that wasn't a store.

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
shoot. I forgot they had changed their website.
Here (http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?PROCFUN+ELT_BUILD+HOMPGE2+DEV+FUNCPARMS+D STCD_E(A0070):ELITE) it is

sarena kopciel
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Sarena,

Why is he moving here? (Well, there is the lure of great coffee ;) ).

And I'll second what Greg said.

Allison, asked coach today and he said it's simple: PUGET SOUND! His second love is freediving!! Definitely check him out.

sarena kopciel
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
shoot. I forgot they had changed their website.
Here (http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?PROCFUN+ELT_BUILD+HOMPGE2+DEV+FUNCPARMS+D STCD_E(A0070):ELITE) it is

Thanks but I already ordered from USAW and feel its best to support our US athletes that way too!

Greg Everett
01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Can you wear a track (sprinters) singlet to actually compete in? Is this acceptable?

As long as it's one-piece, tight, and doesn't cover the elbows or knees, you can wear pretty much anything.

sarena kopciel
01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Well the singlet arrived today (along with new cool Adistars) from USAW. It actually is quite good. May have been able to go down a size or probably needed something in between small and medium! Overall, I am surprised this haggard old grandma doesnt look all that bad in a singlet!:rolleyes:

At least I think I qualify as old--I will be 46 this week!

John Seiler
02-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Overall, I am surprised this haggard old grandma doesnt look all that bad in a singlet!:rolleyes:

At least I think I qualify as old--I will be 46 this week!

Thanks for nothing, Sarena! I just threw up in my mouth a little. You may be grandma, but 46 does not qualify you for old or haggard. Zip it, sister!

sarena kopciel
02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for nothing, Sarena! I just threw up in my mouth a little. You may be grandma, but 46 does not qualify you for old or haggard. Zip it, sister!

Thanks, meet is this Sunday!! Hope I can lift as my shoulder is majorly f-ed up! Going for some work now to a sports chiro who uses a low light laser!

Anyway, I was being sarcastic!