PDA

View Full Version : A good reason to make your IF actually be intermittent

Greg Battaglia
01-14-2008, 11:45 AM
http://ifdiet.blogspot.com/

Interesting blog, and a good post regarding everyday, static models of IF like Fast-5 and The Warrior Diet. The author argues that your intermittent fasting should be more dynamic and random and should allow for longer feeding periods between fasts. The points presented mirror my exact experience with everyday, static fasting. The more I learn about this health/fitness game from experience the more I realize that Art Devany has this stuff dialed in tightly.

Troy Archie
01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
It's funny, I totally agree and try to not fast as long but I find it pain in the ass to eat now...

When I start that's another issue.

Scott Kustes
01-15-2008, 04:39 AM
I too try to make my IF intermittent, hence the intermittent part. Unfortunately, with a desk job and normal working hours, that's difficult to do and I find it's easiest to do a 4 hour window at night M-Th, go out to lunch on Friday (hence breaking it earlier) and have lunch post-workout Saturday. Sundays I usually have breakfast and dinner, sometimes lunch. Our modern world of routines and schedules tends to make it difficult.

Mike ODonnell
01-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Nothing is static about my life...and that is what makes every day fun...including meals, workouts, paychecks and hanging out with friends...life is too boring when put all in Outlook!

Gant Grimes
01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Makes sense. I imagine Paleo man was an IFer out of necessity. If he had a fridge full of beer and food, he probably would've been fat and drunk. Instead, he walked around killing and eating when he could. Sweet.

Allen Yeh
01-17-2008, 02:23 AM
I too try to make my IF intermittent, hence the intermittent part. Unfortunately, with a desk job and normal working hours, that's difficult to do and I find it's easiest to do a 4 hour window at night M-Th, go out to lunch on Friday (hence breaking it earlier) and have lunch post-workout Saturday. Sundays I usually have breakfast and dinner, sometimes lunch. Our modern world of routines and schedules tends to make it difficult.

I'm with Scott here.