PDA

View Full Version : I need a small favor

Danny John
01-16-2008, 07:10 AM
I can't post on crossfit, but I wanted to let Lynne Pitts know that she certainly seems to be trying to keep things sane there. It appears that she is frustrated by some of the lunacy of the posters and I just wanted her to know that she is doing fine in my book.

dj84123@yahoo.com

If she is interested in talking.

Thank you.

Jay Cohen
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I can't post on crossfit, but I wanted to let Lynne Pitts know that she certainly seems to be trying to keep things sane there. It appears that she is frustrated by some of the lunacy of the posters and I just wanted her to know that she is doing fine in my book.

dj84123@yahoo.com

If she is interested in talking.

Thank you.

Dan;
I'll cut and paste into a PM to Lynne the above message

Done!

Allen Yeh
01-16-2008, 08:52 AM
lunacy? no.....

Patrick Donnelly
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Re: Allen
Eh, recently, there's been an above average number of threads about either:
a) someone else having a problem with CrossFit (especially Gym Jones, or just today, the trolling thread posted by Grover Land, arguing the obvious that CF is not the best program to be the best at every possible thing simultaneously, which it seems has been deleted, and Grover banned), or
b) debating ROM vs. Power vs. Work vs. Just Do the Damn WOD.

It's getting a little bit silly.

sarena kopciel
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
a) someone else having a problem with CrossFit (especially Gym Jones, or just today, the trolling thread posted by Grover Land, arguing the obvious that CF is not the best program to be the best at every possible thing simultaneously, which it seems has been deleted, and Grover banned), or

I guess there are those who need hand holding all the way and there are those who will never trust and take the plunge!

Mike ODonnell
01-16-2008, 06:37 PM

funny....that is how it was when I left it years ago....

Kevin Perry
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
seems like it's been bombarded with posts like that this week, I don't follow the posts there as much as I do here. The post by Grover land caught my attention though.

Patrick Donnelly
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
funny....that is how it was when I left it years ago....

Maybe I'm just getting better at noticing it now. These "clean vs. power clean" arguments are appearing extremely similar to "Ramar vs. Ramarl"... Ah, fond memories of video game forums...

... and the Ramar is obviously better, though I still prefer my lv200 Ramarl.

Allen Yeh
01-17-2008, 02:15 AM
seems like it's been bombarded with posts like that this week, I don't follow the posts there as much as I do here. The post by Grover land caught my attention though.

I guess I haven't been reading the right places...I tend to stick with Exercises, Digital Coaching and Injuries.

Jane Michel
01-17-2008, 05:44 AM
...or just today, the trolling thread posted by Grover Land, arguing the obvious that CF is not the best program to be the best at every possible thing simultaneously, which it seems has been deleted, and Grover banned

Bah right before leaving for work I noticed Robb Wolf posted in the Nutrition thread and I was going to read it after work but now it's gone!

William Hunter
01-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Bah right before leaving for work I noticed Robb Wolf posted in the Nutrition thread and I was going to read it after work but now it's gone!

Alicia, I read it and can tell you for sure it was nothing that he hasn't repeated before. I was surprised to see him post as I've read him in the past stating how frustrated he was with "defending the obvious".

CF has enjoyed some phenomenal growth, but I guess that comes with a price. While I'm not the oldest of the old timers over there, I remember when I first joined the forum there were like 5 affiliates. Now there's over 300 or something like that.

Lynne Pitts
01-17-2008, 07:25 AM
1. Thanks to Danny John for the kind words, and the reachout.

2. Nothing is "gone" from the nutrition section, unless it was a "Grover" comment. Grover is gone....but the threads remain.

Mike ODonnell
01-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Now there's over 300 or something like that.

I don't think you can officially use the "300" number either over there....ha.

All kidding aside....a good example of why sometimes forums in business can be a double edged sword....I mean besides the one here of course.

William Hunter
01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't think you can officially use the "300" number either over there....ha.

All kidding aside....a good example of why sometimes forums in business can be a double edged sword....I mean besides the one here of course.

LOL! My bad, not trying to be a pot stirrer.

Now if we could just get DJ to post over here some more...

John P. Walsh
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Lynne does a nice job. Moderating a message board is a thankless job but a necessary one. I think the quality of discussion has really improved over at CF. I know I did my share of pot stirring but those days are over.:o

Paul Findley
01-17-2008, 11:43 AM
It does seem like a real time of healing :-)

Mike ODonnell
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Lynne does a nice job. Moderating a message board is a thankless job but a necessary one. I think the quality of discussion has really improved over at CF. I know I did my share of pot stirring but those days are over.:o

Uh oh....someone left the back door open....:D

Garrett Smith
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Somebody start singing "Kumbaya" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumbaya#Lyrics), or maybe "The Boys Are Back In Town" (http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/theboysarebackintownlyrics.html)...

DJ and Walsh in the same thread. Nice.

Paul Findley
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Just don't use the "M" word, those posts don't seem to last very long

Mike ODonnell
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM

It's either the rebirth of a new and improved Pmenu forum for the world to benefit from where we can all hold hands and celebrate the various outlooks on health and fitness all in a positive manner....or the death of us all. lol.

Either way...I still have my Guinness....

Greg Everett
01-17-2008, 01:10 PM
The pucker factor of this thread is extremely high.... Please be very careful.

John P. Walsh
01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I can't speak for DJ but I'm here in an attempt to mend fences and discuss fitness related subjects in a civil and courteous manner. I'm a changed
man.:)

John P. Walsh
01-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Your house. Your rules. I respect that and sorry if I ever gave offense in the past.

Derek Simonds
01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
MOD I am at work and I just grabbed a Guinness out of the fridge.

I had that exact feeling when I looked at the posts. :D

Mike ODonnell
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I can't speak for DJ but I'm here in an attempt to mend fences and discuss fitness related subjects in a civil and courteous manner. I'm a changed
man.:)

I believe he is...although...I miss the spaceships...Ha. N'uff said....

You work out of my house? Damnit...I need to rush home and save my beer!

Jamila Bey
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
#1. No entire continents, racial and or religious groups or freethinkers are condemned over here. (Except for the lazy and the stupid, but you gotta have someone to hate.)

#2. Nobody takes him/herself too seriously on this board

#3. Good jokes are always appreciated

#4. Each individual is responsible for not just what s/he writes, but how s/he feels when reading another's writings.

#5. We can discuss SCIENCE without worrying about UNPROVEN RELIGIOUS (theories, mythology- you pick the word) "stuff"

#6. The scientific method is upheld here. It's all "Try this" as opposed to "This is the only way!"

And finally,

#7. The oh so dreamy Dan John isn't banned over here

Greg Everett
01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
I think everyone is familiar enough with my expectations for this board. As long as they're met, everyone is welcome. If they're not, I love deleting things.

Allen Yeh
01-18-2008, 06:10 AM

I had that exact feeling when I looked at the posts. :D

Now that I work form home part time I just realized I could have a Guinness too, well if I had any around.

Allen Yeh
01-18-2008, 06:17 AM

Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Jamila Bey
01-18-2008, 07:26 AM
I HATE Guinness, but I'm so tired of not being able to drink that I'm actually drooling at the thought of it...

Oh well. Soon enough I'll be able to hate Guinness again.

Paul Findley
01-18-2008, 08:39 AM
In the third trimester, I would recommend letting yourself have at least one glass with a meal, a few times. What little harm you can imagine might occur is offset greatly my the mental health benefits of doing something normal. At least this was our experience.

William Hunter
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Some say that a beer will also add some volume to the breast milk.

I can still remember vividly the "Ahhhhhh" sound my wife made when sipping her first beer after the layoff. She's a great woman.

On another note, I was kinda hoping this thread would bring Ron Nelson out of the shadows...

Mike ODonnell
01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I HATE Guinness, but I'm so tired of not being able to drink that I'm actually drooling at the thought of it...

Oh well. Soon enough I'll be able to hate Guinness again.

and here I thought I wouldn't have to vote you off the island....I'll chaulk it up to pregnancy lunacy you would make such an offending statement towards Guinness....my version of Mothers Milk.

John P. Walsh
01-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Just don't use the "M" word, those posts don't seem to last very long

The "M" word? :( Surely it can't be that bad. Can it? Sure I was over the top at times but I always plugged this site and still contend that it is the tops. I never came into your house to stir the pot. In a few months I will be doing my yearly review of fitness sites. You didn't here it from me but word has it that it's gonna be a 4+ Dan John year for PM. I'm here with hat in hand saying let the healing begin. Let's let bygones be bygones and all that. That was a class move on the part of DJ and I'm following suit. When you get down to it we are all shooting for the same thing in terms of health and fitness. Different methods maybe but we are all driven by the same madness. At this stage of the game I need all the friends I can get.

Peace.

Ron Nelson
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Some say that a beer will also add some volume to the breast milk.

I can still remember vividly the "Ahhhhhh" sound my wife made when sipping her first beer after the layoff. She's a great woman.

On another note, I was kinda hoping this thread would bring Ron Nelson out of the shadows...

I'm so glad you didn't say "closet."

Blame Mr. Walsh for this recurrence.

Mike ODonnell
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm so glad you didn't say "closet."

Blame Mr. Walsh for this recurrence.

It's alumni weekend....who brought the keg?

Derek Simonds
01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Either someone hacked the PM logins or this is definitely alumni weekend.

What's up Ron, good to see you alive and kicking....

Scott Kustes
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Ron Nelson
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Again, blame Mr. Walsh and his "reborn" attitude springing from his use of "new age" exercises. Guess my chakras are all lined up.

I've been terribly busy with my jobs and trying to get back on track with IF after the holidays. Otherwise, life is good as always.

For alumni weekend, I am wearing my TKB sweater and have placed the keg next to the lipstick wearing duck. MOD knows where to look.

Has anyone seen Steve? (oh no, he didn't!):eek:

John P. Walsh
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Now isn't this much nicer than all the banning, name calling and other such tomfoolery?:D

Mike ODonnell
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
..next to the lipstick wearing duck. MOD knows where to look.

I swear she said she didn't have a girlfriend when I hooked her up with Ron....my bad....

Ken Urakawa
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Man, I feel like I need to post something just to attach my name to this thread. Is it mandatory that I mention both beer and training?

Ok...

So I'm having fun rehabbing with slosh pipe OHS.

And I'm drinking a nice IPA (before all the hops are gone).

Nice to see you all.