Craig Snyder
01-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Cross training anyone? :D

Garrett Smith
01-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Where does one sign up to be a spotter?

Paul Findley
01-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks good, minimal equipment and only a few items of attire required. I found the history to be an interesting read. Not sure it's for me though.

Bradford Green
01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Finally, the "Definitive Pole Dance Forum."

I was hoping Robb might cover the "B-Hook" and "Carousel" in next month's PMenu. My form is way off.

Mike ODonnell
01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Where does one sign up to be a spotter?

Where does one sign up to be a pole?

Allen Yeh
01-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Damn that's way more clever than anything I could have thought of, foiled!

Kevin Perry
01-29-2008, 02:21 PM
hmmm... a pole dance spotter huh...

Derek Simonds
01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Finally, the "Definitive Pole Dance Forum."

I was hoping Robb might cover the "B-Hook" and "Carousel" in next month's PMenu. My form is way off.

Bradford first off I am scared that you know these cough, ahem names and secondly I am going to have to do some research so that I will be able to help any unfortunates I come across with their um ahem technique.

Thank goodness for google :)

David Aguasca
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
my first reaction is to laugh as well...but honestly, i don't think it's that bad. there are much, MUCH worse fitness gimmicks. how about Get Big Gunz? or the AB Lounge?

their program isn't meant to be a strength and conditioning program for athletes, and it doesn't claim to be. it probably develops some pretty sick abdominal strength and decent upper body strength, and increases body awareness. also, flexibility. you probably adapt to the cardiovascular component pretty quickly, but whatever. more than anything, it's probably a lot of fun (yes, i secretly want to be a poledancer) and as is always said in these forums (and the CF forums) it's good to have something to get people off the couch with.

Derek Simonds
01-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Good point David. If my wife came home and told me she was signing up I would smile and say "yes dear".

About two years ago we had a lady approach us about doing the same kind of thing at our gymnastics studio. My wife thought maybe this would work with all the moms that come and watch their kids. Well we put up a couple of posters explaining the class and how it was for the moms. Unfortunately some of the parents didn't quite understand that it was for adults only and was going to be taught after regular gym hours. Needless to say there was an uproar for a couple of weeks with parents saying my daughter will not be going to that.

My wife said this ain't worth it and told the lady sorry no can do.

James Evans
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
I've sat in a few sleazy bars in my time nursing a beer and thinking "Damn that girl is athletic."

And so much easier on the eye than if I was up there on the pole. Completely naked.

This was all the rage a while back, apparently it's empowering.

But seriously, my girlfriend did a course like that last year and thought it was fantastic fun. She was a very serious gymnast (and coach) when she was younger and reckoned it was pretty strenuous stuff. The teacher was a former ballet dancer turned 'Pro-Pole Dancer'. I assumed that meant she danced for cash in Spearmint Rhinos because it paid better but apparently they have international competitions where the girls all wear sportswear. Rather than just a pout.

Mike ODonnell
01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
turned 'Pro-Pole Dancer'

Now I have realized my true calling....an agent looking for pro-pole dancers...

James Evans
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Careful how you define 'Pro' and where you look for them MOD.

I reckon you'd clean up.

Tony Ferous
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
The xpole vid was great, the woman appears to have a pole in the middle of her living room! Does it retract into the ceiling or what does she do when her in-laws come round for a cup of tea?? lol!

John Seiler
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
my first reaction is to laugh as well...but honestly, i don't think it's that bad. there are much, MUCH worse fitness gimmicks. how about Get Big Gunz? or the AB Lounge?

their program isn't meant to be a strength and conditioning program for athletes, and it doesn't claim to be. it probably develops some pretty sick abdominal strength and decent upper body strength, and increases body awareness. also, flexibility. you probably adapt to the cardiovascular component pretty quickly, but whatever. more than anything, it's probably a lot of fun (yes, i secretly want to be a poledancer) and as is always said in these forums (and the CF forums) it's good to have something to get people off the couch with.

Did you check out some of those moves? That's pretty athletic stuff.

John Seiler
02-08-2008, 08:07 PM

Beware of excessive stiffening of the core muscle.