PDA

View Full Version : Blueberries

Jonathan Owen
02-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,
I was inspired by a post on Robbs Blog to broaden my horizons and add blueberries to my diet. Especially since he reccomends getting them frozen and stocking them in the freezer. I have never really been in to them and I was wondering how most people prepare and eat them. I did a search of the forums and it seems like most people use them for shakes etc...If anyone could give me any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Jon

sarena kopciel
02-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey guys,
I was inspired by a post on Robbs Blog to broaden my horizons and add blueberries to my diet. Especially since he reccomends getting them frozen and stocking them in the freezer. I have never really been in to them and I was wondering how most people prepare and eat them. I did a search of the forums and it seems like most people use them for shakes etc...If anyone could give me any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Jon

You can always add them (even frozen)to a spinach salad with some walnuts and/or pecans and red onions with a balsamic vinegreatte (sp?).

I just made an awesome dessert with some frozen blueberries too. Will let ya know how it tastes when I taste the whole concoction! It involved coconut milk, agar agar, vanilla, frzn blueberries and strawberries! May be good for Valentines. Gotta let it cool to taste!

Allen Yeh
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey guys,
Jon

I only use the frozen ones for shakes.

I use the fresh ones for snacking on, eating with whatever protein I'm having, with a spinach salad.

Mike ODonnell
02-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Fresh always tasted better to me on a salad and probably have more anti-oxidants and nutrients especially if you can find them from local farmers, closer to the source and time of picking, better they are for you. I don't do shakes anymore so frozen is not what I buy.

Gant Grimes
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I buy frozen in bulk. Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Just thaw them a little and plow through them.

Suzanne Buffie
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
My 3 yr old daughter loves eating organic wild blueberries, plain and straight out of the freezer....

Jonathan Owen
02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I like the salad idea, I am gonna give that a shot. That dessert idea sounds good too, I can't wait till summer to try out some fresh ones! I need to get a blender and mess around with some shakes too.

sarena kopciel
02-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I like the salad idea, I am gonna give that a shot. That dessert idea sounds good too, I can't wait till summer to try out some fresh ones! I need to get a blender and mess around with some shakes too.

Well the dessert was only edible to me but I really am not a sweet s eater. Perhaps with some agave for others...

Scott Clark
02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I always buy frozen Wild Blueberries. I typically eat them in shake form, never thought of trying them on a salad.