PDA

View Full Version : Not very diet sensitive??

Tirzah Harper
02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I've noticed something about myself:
I tend to feel pretty much the same regardless of what I eat.
If I don't eat fresh fruits & vegetables much, I start really missing and craving them; but other than that, I don't feel very different whether I eat mostly Paleo, mostly Zone, mostly vegetarian, or just a little-more-healthy "normal" diet. I don't feel different whether I do or do not consume dairy products or gluten.

The only thing I've ever had issues with was an artificially-sweetened protein powder that, after a few weeks of making smoothies from it, began making my lips and mouth swell when I drank it.

I also don't drop weight very quickly when I cut calories or change my diet or increase my exercise.

I read on here about people feeling drastically better from seemingly minor diet changes and wonder if something's really screwed up in my system or if I'm just fairly lucky...:rolleyes:

Eric Jones
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I think about things like this all the time. I have had more success recently adding back in a few carbs back into my diet. I think everyone;s situation is different and very different things can work for people.

Garrett Smith
02-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Tirzah,
There are different theories out there as to whether a "lack" of sensitivity is a good thing or not.

Those who are sensitive learn quickly what their body doesn't like. Those who aren't can do a whole lot of damage over the long term without knowing it, so that only once they manifest outright disease and then have to change things to fix it do they notice the impact of improper nutrition/lifestyle.