PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Carlson's Fish Oil?

Patrick Donnelly
02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Are there any stores that sell this, or does it have to be bought online? From what I've read, it seems to be one of the best, and isn't too highly priced, considering how it has much more EPA/DHA in it that most.

If anyone has another brand recommendation, that'd be appreciated too.

Allen Yeh
02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Are there any stores that sell this, or does it have to be bought online? From what I've read, it seems to be one of the best, and isn't too highly priced, considering how it has much more EPA/DHA in it that most.

If anyone has another brand recommendation, that'd be appreciated too.

I have been buying ours from VitaminShoppe.com not a bad price at all.

Nikki Young
02-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm wanting to get some Carlson's fish oil. Any thoughts on whether the quality of them will reduce during the shipping from US to Aus if i buy them somewhere online?

Jay Cohen
02-09-2008, 03:16 AM
I've found Vitacost to be very price competitive. Cost on the 17oz Cod liver oil is 19 bucks. See link:

http://www.vitacost.com/Carlson-Norwegian-Cod-Liver-Oil-High-In-EPA-DHA

Puritan Pride (on line) also has great pricing on just the Fish Oil.

Scott Kustes
02-09-2008, 05:02 AM
I get mine at a local health food store.

Mike ODonnell
02-09-2008, 08:04 AM
quality of them will reduce during the shipping from US to Aus if i buy them somewhere online?

Ummm...and how do the stores in Aus get the bottles in the first place?? Ha.

Vitacost is a great deal. Carlsons is pretty much at any nutrition store but also going to cost more than online. Nordic Naturals also is pretty good quality.

Nikki Young
02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
right. most of the fish oil i can find here is from Australian companies. The only liquid fish oil i can find is also an Australian brand, but it's funky.. i've posted about it before and yeah, it's not good quality at all.

Another company that sells fish oil here is GMC, and i've never heard any raps for their fish oil so i'm a bit hesitant in trying that one out.

So i just wanted to see if fish oil was good for transporting, i know they transport a lot of sups here, but i don't know if the quality of the fish oil starts to reduce because of the heat it may be exposed too during shipping.

Patrick Donnelly
02-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Re: Jay and Allen
Thank you for the links.

Scott Carter
04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I went to Carlson Lab's website and used their store locator to find 3 places here in Tallahassee, FL that carry their products; The Vitamin Shoppe is one and they are cheaper than ordering on Carlson's website.